Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

UV and radiation

(1/2) > >>

alhamilton:
Davis 6152C vs Davis 6162C ?
OK its down to the VP2 or the VP2 Pro with UV and radiation. Ambient has them priced at $332.95 and $645. What advantage is it to spend over $300 for the UV and radiation. I don't understand the need, but don't want to miss out on an important capability.
al

NoQuitters:

--- Quote ---I don't understand the need, but don't want to miss out on an important capability
--- End quote ---

The need is basically up to you. It's just that much more capability your station has and that much more you can offer to visitors of your web site. If you are at all interested in the extra sensors make sure you get them when you purchase your station. They are considerably higher to add later. Just keep telling yourself, it's only money. :wink:

WeatherBeacon:

--- Quote from: "NoQuitters" ---
--- Quote ---I don't understand the need, but don't want to miss out on an important capability
--- End quote ---

The need is basically up to you. It's just that much more capability your station has and that much more you can offer to visitors of your web site. If you are at all interested in the extra sensors make sure you get them when you purchase your station. They are considerably higher to add later. Just keep telling yourself, it's only money. :wink:
--- End quote ---

I don't have the radiation or UV sensors, but you might want to ask the forum members about their reliability. It seems that I recall reading some complaints that those sensors might not have a long life. You might want to check around the forum or simply post the question here.

Regards,

Kevin...

racenet:
My UV and Solar sensors are 4 years old and still going strong.
No 3+ UVI reading at midnight here.  :D

Bob

saratogaWX:
I've been running a post-purchase addon UV/Solar sensors on my Davis VP1 for about a year and a half.  Except for washing off the occasional bird dropping, they've been working fine.

It's MUCH cheaper to buy them up front (as part of the VP2+ config).  Even using ProVantage (least expensive sensor price available then), it was >$100 more to add it on later.

I recommend getting them both.  The UV sensor is great and helps your site warn about excessive sun exposure in your area.

The Solar sensor (with Weather-Display) can use the W/m2 observed v.s. W/m2 predicted to estimate cloud cover.

I use both functions with WD on my site.

Best regards,
Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version