Author Topic: New Vantage Vue installed in Ozark, Mo  (Read 2265 times)

Offline abh

New Vantage Vue installed in Ozark, Mo
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »
Just installed the Davis Vantage Vue....an easy install using a 8ft 1.5in rigid electrical conduit placing it 1.5 ft in the ground and installing the station at 6.5ft.  It is located about 200 ft away from the house and I am experiencing no reception problems.  The connection was quick and painless...and using the Davis USB datalogger and the LWC weather Center.  (Lightsoft Weather Center)  I operate my System on an Apple Mac Book Pro and after downloading the correct drivers...poof...up and rolling on Weather Underground and CWOP.  It was really a joy to see it all work...just like it was supposed to...I am one happy camper and would recommend this system and software to anyone who wants a stable system.  This is a great value...for anyone looking to get into this great hobby.  It may not be the "top" of the line for Davis...but it suits my needs and budget!
Davis Vantage Vue
LWC V1.12 B30
CoCoRAHS
CWOP
Weather Underground:
Lat: N 37 ° 5 ' 19 '' ( 37.089 ° )
Lon: W 93 ° 10 ' 4 '' ( -93.168 ° )
Elevation (ft): 1387
Hardware: Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Station Software: LWC V1.12 B30
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMOOZARK7][img]http://banners.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=pws25

Offline Curmudgeon

Re: New Vantage Vue installed in Ozark, Mo
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »
Congrats. I think you will be quite happy with your Vue. As best as I can tell, the main differences between the Vue and the Pro 2 is the solar radiation sensor and the ability to place the rain gauge low and the anemometer high.

My Vue is as high as I can get it and the rain catch seems to be right on the money.

Davis Vantage Vue, WeatherlinkIP
CWOP: DW4391
www.mabletonweather.info

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: New Vantage Vue installed in Ozark, Mo
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »
As best as I can tell, the main differences between the Vue and the Pro 2 is the solar radiation sensor and the ability to place the rain gauge low and the anemometer high.

The Vue also cannot use the UV sensor, or any other VP2 extra sensor (temp, temp-humidity, soil moisture/temperature/leaf wetness). Except... it CAN use the anemometer transmitter and an extra anemometer to remote the anemometer/wind vane.

anything