Author Topic: WL startout  (Read 1712 times)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
WL startout
« on: November 11, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »
I'm a long time VWS user.  I upgraded my PC to Vista last year, along with Virtual VP.  I just upgraded my station to a VP2.  I'm running VPLive as well.

But now I'd like to start dabbling with Weatherlink.  It came with my VP1 when I first started out, but I never bothered to install it.  I went straight to VWS.

I see on the Davis Support site, they have 5.9 listed.  But the page implies this is upgrade.  Will this work as a clean install?  Does this version need COM ports or does it support IP based now?  Do I need to dig in my boxes to find my original CD?

I was hoping to start dabbling on a second PC and find out what it can do for me.  I'd like to use straight IP based connection with Virtual VP.  If I like it, I'll install it clean on my actual weather PC and put it to use.

Any other advise would be appreciated.

Dale Z.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
Re: WL startout
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Dale,
FWIW. I run windows XP Pro. VirtualVP is running VWS14.00 and Cumulus on Comm ports and WeatherLink 5.8.1 and VPLive on IP connections. Oh, my DataLogger is a serial connection.
HTH
George

anything