Author Topic: Forecast on WLL/WL.com?  (Read 959 times)

Offline MaverickNH

Forecast on WLL/WL.com?
« on: July 10, 2023, 12:52:37 PM »
When using my VantageVue/WeatherLink6100 with WeatherLink.com, is there a way to see a forecast on the Bulletin? The Android/IOS apps have the essentials but appear limited in fixed displays.

Bret/N4SRN

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Forecast on WLL/WL.com?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 02:02:32 PM »
Hi,
My WL.com bulletin does show a Local Forecast box, but quite limited.  As you noted, the WLL App also has Today and 7-day forecast.
I don't have the new Weatherlink Console but from its description may have more detail

The WeatherLink Console places all the data from your Vantage Pro2 or Vantage Vue sensor suite weather station right at your fingertips. One device gives you instantaneous access to the information you need and the ability to do deep analysis, all from a single, convenient display with an intuitive and easy-to-understand touchscreen. From viewing current and historical data, creating graphs and setting alarms, calculating indexes and reviewing forecasts, the WeatherLink Console helps you keep track of conditions

Enjoy,
Paul

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 02:38:23 PM »
I don't have the new Weatherlink Console but from its description may have more detail

Yes, the 6313 console has a lot more detail in the forecast - see this 7-day image as one example:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Tomorrow looks wet and windy here  :roll: Sorry, not the best photo - some odd fringing going on, but I think you can see clearly enough. The vertical bar is the demarcation between recorded data (to the left) and forecast data (to the right). Would be better if it could be scaled up somewhat. Graphic is similar to Mobilize.

This forecast is being generated by a global model and downloaded to the console and not by the station. (Hence my interest in which web services can make this data available  ;) )
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 02:41:12 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline MaverickNH

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 09:26:12 AM »
Here’s my current solution - the Android app on a Samsung Tab A 8 tablet. My wife hates most electronics - she was the last to buy a Samrtphone and keeps data turned off; no GPS in the car. She’s always asking me the weather forecast - eventually, she’ll look for herself.

I’ll run WLL from a Dell Venue Win10 tablet on the table next to my living room recliner - just waiting for a new battery/charger as it’s lost the ability to stay running very long. It looks like I can get a temp/rain forecast from the Mobilize tab on WLL.