Author Topic: Weatherlink Live Installed in India - No Data  (Read 815 times)

Offline Dr Neal Phillip

Weatherlink Live Installed in India - No Data
« on: December 08, 2022, 12:33:53 AM »
Hello,
I bought a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus with WeatherLink Live in the USA and installed them in India for a City University of New York Study Abroad project. However I am not getting any data. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Neal

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink Live Installed in India - No Data
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 04:21:53 AM »
I bought a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus with WeatherLink Live in the USA and installed them in India for a City University of New York Study Abroad project. However I am not getting any data. Any help will be appreciated.

Could be a number of things, but my first suspicion would be as follows:

Presumably you have given the Weatherlink Live its location as being somewhere in India? Therefore it will be expecting to receive data from the VP2 ISS on whatever is the licensed ISM transmission band in India. Offhand, I don't know what this is, but very likely it is different from a US spec VP2 transmitter. You really should have bought a VP2 intended for use in India, where its transmitter would be on the correct wireless band and therefore legal for use in India (probably unlike the present US-spec unit).

If you tell the WLL unit that it is located somewhere in the US and reboot it then with luck it will start to pick up the ISS signal. This obviously isn't a good long-term solution but will help identify the problem.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything