Author Topic: Data via API key, 'access denied'  (Read 1015 times)

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Data via API key, 'access denied'
« on: November 09, 2022, 02:12:24 PM »
* sigh *

Just when I think IBM has run out of ways to screw WU up, this starts happening:  Can't pull PWS data via API key.   Getting an "access denied" error.  Anyone else?  Appears to have begun late yesterday (11/8).  Thanks for any info.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
Re: Data via API key, 'access denied'
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 04:55:27 PM »
The last time I got this error from a WU API call was when I was debugging my program and was exceeding the WU API call limit for an hour.

Steve

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 06:58:01 PM »
I can't even get to that info right now.  Nicely done, IBM.

I may try regenerating the key and see if that helps.  The only thing using the key is my PWS, which sends ever two minutes.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 11:14:06 PM »
Upon further investigation, the key is working on Meteo PWS Monitor on my phone so I dug a bit deeper.  Appears that the one application I mostly still use WU's PWS weather feed has figured out a way to mess up, and when I checked it via the API call directly I managed to pull an old key.  Cascading errors...nasty things. ;)

This time it wasn't WU's doing.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 08:51:59 PM »
And, the plot thickens.  It turns out they shut down HTTP (not HTTPS) access to the data.  So if you have software which isn't doing an encrypted HTTPS connection, you get that "connection refused" error.

My earlier (successful) testing used HTTPS.