Author Topic: Incorrect Rainfall Numbers on the WeatherLink.com Bulletin  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Chuck Darney

Incorrect Rainfall Numbers on the WeatherLink.com Bulletin
« on: October 26, 2022, 12:16:21 PM »
I use a Davis VP2 Serial with a serial->USB cable to a Meteobridge device.  This pushes data to various weather networks including WeatherLink.com.  I do not use WeatherLink hardware or software and access Bulletin via my browser.

I've only used WeatherLink for a few months and never noticed that the Day, Storm and Monthly Rainfall numbers are different from my console.  For example, my console shows Daily rainfall at .09 inches, Storm rainfall as .75 inches and Monthly rainfall as 6.4 inches.  Bulletin shows the Daily at .07 inches, Storm at .59 inches and Monthly at 5.04 inches.  I suspect the Annual rainfall is incorrect as well but I only started using WeatherLink in March or April so I expect that number to be "wrong".

I report the same data from my VP2 console to various other weather networks via Meteobridge.  All of the other sites (WeatherUnderground, Awekas, CWOP, PWS, etc.) show the correct numbers.  Additionally, I have an Ambient Weather WS-5000 that validates my VP2 console and other weather reporting sites.

The only site I have a problem with is WeatherLink.com and the reporting via the web-based Bulletin.  I spent an hour or so with Davis support who had no idea why the numbers from Bulletin differed from my VP2 console.  He pretty much said that wasn't possible.  Well...I know that's not true.  He was interested in why my data archive records updated every 1 minute when he said it should be 5 or 10 minutes.

Any suggestions what could be causing the reporting problem?

...Chuck

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: Incorrect Rainfall Numbers on the WeatherLink.com Bulletin
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 12:50:05 PM »
One for meteobridge support I think
Mark

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Incorrect Rainfall Numbers on the WeatherLink.com Bulletin
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 04:35:58 PM »
See comments to same query on Metrobridge forum re imperial/metric tipper configuration

anything