Author Topic: WeatherLink.com - No Daily Wind Speed  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
WeatherLink.com - No Daily Wind Speed
« on: October 05, 2022, 05:05:07 AM »
Anybody noticing (right now) that Weatherlink.com embedded summaries are currently showing the Wind Speed Daily high as dashed out. All other wind speeds, current, 2 minute, 10 minute, wind just speed etc all shows data?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: WeatherLink.com - No Daily Wind Speed
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 05:12:59 AM »
I will add it is not all embedded URL's just the Summary version and same issue on every station I have now checked.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 08:32:31 AM »
I just checked my three weatherlink.com displays.

The local Marina for Rogers City, MI shows the dashes for the daily high wind speed and direction. This is via a MeteoPi Ethernet emulating WLIP with the DID/Key for the failed original WLIP being used.

My WLIP (my station: SunriseSIdeWeather) also shows the dashes for wind.

Strangely, the WLL (Rogers City WLL) display is OK:

5.0mph | 5:38 AM
SSW 193°

Greg H.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:34:34 AM by miraculon »

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 04:43:03 PM »
All of mine (Wind Speed/Direction & Time Daily Highs) are still dashed out today for embedded summary, the Wide, Slim, Signature & Full screen Embedded are ok as is WeatherLink.com dashboard/Bulletin and WeatherLinkPC downloads.

Offline MeteotempSB

• MeteotempSB
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 05:34:56 AM »
Hello, I have a similar problem but in this case with the rain, on the summary page and on the web and app it works correctly, but in the wide format, signature, full screen and slim it does not work correctly and it marks 0.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 04:52:54 AM »
All of mine (Wind Speed/Direction & Time Daily Highs) are still dashed out today for embedded summary, the Wide, Slim, Signature & Full screen Embedded are ok as is WeatherLink.com dashboard/Bulletin and WeatherLinkPC downloads.

What do Davis/AEM support say? Unfortunately, because this is a main User Interface issue you need to ask frontline Support rather than on the Discord channels for API support (where you would get a quicker answer I'm sure). It sounds to me like a bug introduced for certain specific data sources (eg IP type loggers) during  an update of the data ingestion code at wl.com.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 05:24:09 AM »
Since logged nearly 3 days ago, only an automated received response with the typical it's been received and being reviewed by our support staff etc etc

Otherwise situation remains unchanged