Author Topic: Before I invest  (Read 1291 times)

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
Before I invest
« on: August 04, 2022, 09:17:50 AM »
So, I am thinking of buying the WLL unit because I am just about ready to throw my wifilogger 2 in the trash. I already have a Pro account and I am hoping that the WWL unit will connect and upload flawlessly to weatherlink.com.

But before investing, I see that the WLL can upload to other sites such as WU and CWOP. I also have a section station (station 2) and from what I was reading I can also set that up to read from both of my stations.

So here come my questions, lol.
Can the WLL upload to weatherlink, Wu and cwop at the same time?
Can you upload to Weather Display? PWS?
If WWL is able to connect to the other stations, what if any additional software will I need? And if so, can an infant learn how to accomplish the feat?
Thanks for any comments.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Before I invest
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 09:35:29 AM »
What's the issue with the WFL?

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 10:28:50 AM »
So I got it and installed it about 2 weeks ago. It worked for about 2 days. I contacted  wwl2 support and he got me back up and running for a few hours, said he was very busy at work and would get back to me. The last thing he sent me was the vids on resetting an such, which I have done a couple million times. So now when I check my phone or computer, I see what says Wifilogger setup click connect - connected to device cannot provide internet

SSID:   WiFiLoggerSetup
Protocol:   Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Security type:   Open
Network band:   2.4 GHz
Network channel:   1
Link speed (Receive/Transmit):   150/150 (Mbps)
Link-local IPv6 address:   fe80::3120:bd5:606c:c4b4%5
IPv4 address:   192.168.4.2
IPv4 DNS servers:   192.168.4.1
Manufacturer:   Qualcomm Communications Inc.
Description:   Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter
Driver version:   12.0.0.1118
Physical address (MAC):   D6-1B-96-C9-5A-E0

192.168.4  and whatever follows times out

ESP Touch failed

So I'm in over my head and at the point, I know I said this before, was it Einstein that said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, lol.

Again one of these things, I did not change anything but it has topped working, and has gone from bad to worse. Lol

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 11:10:16 AM »
This site can’t be reached192.168.4.2 refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 12:48:48 PM »
There may be another way to get setup if you are familiar with this.

Make a Network Hotspot on your computer or phone with the settings as follows:

SSID: WFLdefault

PWD: 12345678

Use the 2.4GHZ Band.

Do the factory reset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyWrdPouS0o and the WFL should automatically connect to the HotSpot. The Hotspot will assign a new IP Address.

Look where you set up the HotSpot, for the devices connected to the HotSpot, and see the new IP address of the WFL.

You should be able to navigate to the WFL Setup with the new IP. To do this, connect to the same hotspot as the WFL with the device you are using to view and configure.

There is a new video in the works for this process.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:35:52 PM by davidmc36 »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 01:04:45 PM »

Hi,
Hopefully you can get WiFiLogger connecting and uploading.

However, if you wish to us a WLL:
The WLL does not upload to anything else than Weatherlink.com, and it is Weatherlink.com that can directly upload to WU, CWOP and WOW.
You cannot use WLL with WeatherlinkPC software on your PC.

WLL will also store data while your internet connection is down, and will automatically update the data to WL.com when internet is restored.

WLL data can be used as live data by third-party programs like CumulusMX and Weather Display, using the WLL local IP address.
If you have a WL.com Pro subscription then the third-party programs like CumulusMX can catch-up data from WL.com for the time the program may have been shut down.  WLL allows as many programs as you like (i.e. CumulusMX and Weather Display at the same time) to access the live or catch up from WL.com   Nothing else would be needed.

I can't speak for Weather Display but CumulusMX is quite easy to install and use including by a novice.  While WL.com does not directly upload to PWS Weather, nor some of the other weather sites like Windy, the third-party programs can upload to many of those including PWS Weather.

WL.com saves data at 15 minute interval on the Basic free plan, and can be changed to 5-min on the Pro plan (and 1 min on the Pro Plus).  The WU, CWOP and WOW updates are at 15 minutes on the basic plan, and can be set at 5 minutes on the Pro plan.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!

The hotspot thing worked -- so far!!!!!  At least I got back to where I was - and I think I can rule out a bad wifilogger 2.

So far nothing uploading and of course I am going to be away for a few days so no doing anything here.

Do i need to leave the Hot Spot connection on my computer turned on or can I shut that down?

Again Thanks, and i'm sure I'll be back when I have time.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 02:28:07 PM »
You can shut down the HotSpot once you reconfigure your WFL2 to connect to your regular network.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:35:34 PM by davidmc36 »

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 02:31:49 PM »
Thanks!

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 02:36:15 PM »
Once you configure and save it will disconnect from HotSpot and should reconnect to your regular WiFi.

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 10:29:25 AM »
So far, all good, but I'm sure I will have further questions, lol.

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 12:34:10 PM »
Hey PaulMy, thanks for the weather link info! I didn't realize that the public can't view your page, without a share and an account or registration. I'll have to check into the CumulusMx and see what i can do there.

Again thanks to everyone!