Author Topic: False Rainfall Report  (Read 501 times)

Offline nantyfox

False Rainfall Report
« on: April 05, 2022, 03:24:59 AM »
My first post here so please bear with me!  I have been uploading my VP2 data to Weatherlink Live for the last couple of years and it has behaved faultlessly.  And then...

Last week, for some unknown reason, on the Bulletin, Summary and app, my daily rainfall figure showed 12.2mm when there was none (according to the VP2).  The next day that figure rose to 15.2mm although still no rain had fallen.  The month's and year's rain remained correct at 4.4mm and 149.0mm respectively.

Since then, the 15.2mm figure has remained to this day, unchanging, but the month's rainfall has risen to 51.0mm when it should have remained at 4.4mm, although the year's rain remains correct at 149mm

Has anyone any idea what is going on?  I emailed Davis support nearly a week ago but apart from the automated response have heard nothing yet.

Link to my summary:  https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8f82fc06cba94cfc84f43e4fd855d053/summary

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: False Rainfall Report
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 09:52:14 AM »
Hi,
Do you have a WL.Pro subscription?  If so, can you see any particular behaviour by looking at the data tab "Rain" and "High Rain Rate" columns.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline nantyfox

Re: False Rainfall Report
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 04:51:49 AM »
Hi Komoka,

Thanks for the suggestion and yes, I have a paid subscription so that was the first thing I did - all the numbers correlate with the VP2 so it is a complete puzzle where it came from.  The only other way, if possible, would be to delete the account and reinstall the whole thing = 2 years worth of data!

Chris

anything