Author Topic: Weatherlink error problem download data  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
Weatherlink error problem download data
« on: April 01, 2022, 02:14:50 PM »
Hello

I don't know what happens but since 4 days Weatherlink doesn't work anymore

01/04/22 19:55 (Vantage pro 2) Unable to upload Data Upload Profile(s) 1  because of errors. See error messages below.
 01/04/22 19:55 (Vantage pro 2) Error reading data from the Station.
 01/04/22 19:55 (Vantage pro 2) We did not receive an acknowledge to our last command.  Please try again.
 01/04/22 19:55 (Vantage pro 2) GetAcknowledge () response: 0x0A (should be 0x06 <ACK>)

I'm using Weatherlink 6.0.2 with Virtual VP and Cumulus

I don't make anythink it always run before...

When Weatherlink try to download new data each minute it's write transfered 513 of 513 but nothing happens the new data were no more downloaded....

What happens ?

Thanks for your help

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weatherlink error problem download data
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 03:00:53 PM »
Hi,
I presume you are referring that WeatherlinkPC software v6.0.2 does not work.
Since you are also using Cumulus (I presume Cumulus 1) does that still work, and download historical data at restart?
If Cumulus does not work as part of your Virtual VP setup can you run it by itself as a direct serial or virtual serial connection to the console/logger? 
If Cumulus runs direct from logger, can you run WeatherlinkPC direct?

Some suggestions:
Reboot your logger
Upgrade WeatherlinkPC to current v6.0.5
Contact Davis Support.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 03:13:44 PM »
Hi,
I presume you are referring that WeatherlinkPC software v6.0.2 does not work.
Since you are also using Cumulus (I presume Cumulus 1) does that still work, and download historical data at restart?
If Cumulus does not work as part of your Virtual VP setup can you run it by itself as a direct serial or virtual serial connection to the console/logger? 
If Cumulus runs direct from logger, can you run WeatherlinkPC direct?

Some suggestions:
Reboot your logger
Upgrade WeatherlinkPC to current v6.0.5
Contact Davis Support.

Enjoy,
Paul

Hi

Yes I'm referring to Weatherlink software v 6.0.2
Cumulus 1 is working very well without any problems

Cumulus is also working with Virtual VP
I'm using virtual com port for Weatherlink and Cumulus

How can I reboot my logger ?
 I'm using a envoy dattaloger
Where can I found Weatherlink v 6.0.5 ?

Thanks a lot
Regards

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 04:43:28 PM »
You would appear to have a comms issue? Exactly what type of logger are you using? WLIP, Serial, USB etc

WL 6.0.5 is available on WeatherLink.com under Computer Software

Removing all power from Envoy and repowering will reboot logger   

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 05:29:11 PM »
Hi,
Since Cumulus is working then your Davis logger and communications settings should be fine.  And that leaves the WeatherlinkPC program as the possible culprit.  Make sure you have the same Com port setting in WeatherlinkPC as you do in Cumulus.  I haven't run VirtualVP for quite a while so can't recall those settings but you should be able to compare the working Cumulus settings to your not-working WeatherlinkPC settings. 

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 07:43:06 AM »
Hello
Com port settings are ok
I try to use come port from Weatherlink on Cumulus is working very well...
My weather envoy is connected on my computer with dattaloger 6510 USB
I'm using serial communication because I use virtual VP and an virtual serial ports emulator

I can not find any solution.... ](*,)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:05:30 AM by Guillaume_67370 »

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2022, 08:30:14 AM »
Go into browse data of  of the WL software and look for any abnormalities in data. If any are found delete them and try downloading data again. I have found in the past that WL software will just start acting weird. That's why I only run it once a week to download data then shut it back down again. This has worked for me in the past.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2022, 10:00:41 AM »

I'm using serial communication because I use virtual VP and an virtual serial ports emulator
Have you tried with Virtual VP not running, nor Cumulus, and then run only WeatherlinkPC? 

It appears to be a program or possibly corrupt data issue.  The Ruys Family WLK ReaderWriter is a good tool for WL data repair http://ruysfamily.com/WLKReaderWriter/WLKAppDownload.html   Corrected: https://www.narsters.com/#/WLKReaderWriter

Enjoy,
Paul

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 12:01:56 PM by PaulMy »

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2022, 10:05:19 AM »
Go into browse data of  of the WL software and look for any abnormalities in data. If any are found delete them and try downloading data again. I have found in the past that WL software will just start acting weird. That's why I only run it once a week to download data then shut it back down again. This has worked for me in the past.

Thanks for your answer
How can I go to the browse data please ?
You mean what of type of abnormalities?
Thanks

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 10:08:53 AM »

Have you tried with Virtual VP not running, nor Cumulus, and then run only WeatherlinkPC? 

It appears to be a program or possibly corrupt data issue.  The Ruys Family WLK ReaderWriter is a good tool for WL data repair http://ruysfamily.com/WLKReaderWriter/WLKAppDownload.html

Enjoy,
Paul

Yes I try without Virtual VP and Cumulus it's not running also

I try to open your link without success

Thanks a lot for your great help
Regards
Guillaume

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2022, 10:31:51 AM »
The link has moved to: http://narsters.com/#/WLKReaderWriter (though from what you're saying that's probably not going to fix the issue)
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2022, 12:06:17 PM »
Thanks a lot for the link it's very interesting

But unfortunately I think it will not resolve my problems because I don't know where find corrupted data...
On each file are corrupted data?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2022, 12:40:02 PM »

Thanks for your answer
Thanks
At the top of WL software you will see a small window with yellow note pad. Click on that. That shows all the data that has been downloaded. It will also show you when the last download was. Go through all the data looking for anomalies out of the norm. If  the normal temperature is 17C and you see a temp of 60C then that is bad data. Same goes for wind, humidity, DP, rain. Look at all the data to make sure it's not out of the ordinary. If you find bad data delete it.

Online Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2022, 06:01:54 PM »
I have found that WL version 6 and above does not work with VVPro. I have used VVPro for years with no problems until I upgraded WeatherLink from 5.90 to 6.0.5. When I did it would work and then time out. Sometimes after launching it WL 6.x would freeze up and then give me a time out. I backed down to V5.90 and it works fine. Attached is my How To doc on setting up VVPro. Go through to see if there is anything that might help. I can say from experience that WL 5.90 works solidly with VVPro. If you have had WL working in the past then ti could be a file problem/corruption.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:13:19 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 06:06:38 PM »

Thanks for your answer
Thanks
At the top of WL software you will see a small window with yellow note pad. Click on that. That shows all the data that has been downloaded. It will also show you when the last download was. Go through all the data looking for anomalies out of the norm. If  the normal temperature is 17C and you see a temp of 60C then that is bad data. Same goes for wind, humidity, DP, rain. Look at all the data to make sure it's not out of the ordinary. If you find bad data delete it.

Hello
The last download was on 15h03 on 28 of march
That means I need to have a look on all data before
I try to close Weatherlink and give another name to the file 2022-03.wlk (2022-03.wlk.old)  but it doesn't work it still can't download new data....and so didn't create new file 2022-04.wlk....

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 07:01:30 PM »
You could always delete the last wlk  file. You would lose the data but I would bet  the downloads would start to work again.

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2022, 01:56:41 PM »
You could always delete the last wlk  file. You would lose the data but I would bet  the downloads would start to work again.

It doesn't work.... ](*,)

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2022, 01:58:56 PM »
I have found that WL version 6 and above does not work with VVPro. I have used VVPro for years with no problems until I upgraded WeatherLink from 5.90 to 6.0.5. When I did it would work and then time out. Sometimes after launching it WL 6.x would freeze up and then give me a time out. I backed down to V5.90 and it works fine. Attached is my How To doc on setting up VVPro. Go through to see if there is anything that might help. I can say from experience that WL 5.90 works solidly with VVPro. If you have had WL working in the past then ti could be a file problem/corruption.

Thanks a lot
I think it's strange I work since 9 years without any problems with Weatherlink and VVP and now appears problem....

I will send you a personal message
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:04:24 PM by Guillaume_67370 »

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2022, 02:37:12 PM »
Problem solved

The problem was the connection from my dattaloger on my Envoy

I open my Enjoy disconnect the dattaloger connect again and running again very fine

Thanks a lot everybody

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2022, 08:25:13 PM »
You may have experienced what is common with tiny pins on Remote Receivers for remote control planes. Work fine in fall but spring they won't connect. Just a wee bit of fine corrosion  on a pin or two that is cleaned off with a remove and reinsert.