Author Topic: Help needed soil temps`  (Read 362 times)

Offline ssell9889

• Edisto REC Weather
Help needed soil temps`
« on: March 24, 2021, 12:05:20 PM »
I am no programmer. I have a Vantage PRo2 and we have three soil temp sensors at different depths. I need to get them on the web where someone can view them. dI know just enough about programming to screw it up. Im using WLL now. Under the old desktop WL software I could do it and FTP the web page etc etc. Under WLL and weatherlink 2.0 Im lost especially when it comes to APIs. I would be willing to pay a programmer here a nominal amount to help me generate an embeddable code I can plug in to a web page.

Thanks in advance
Scott
----
Scott Sell
Research Associate
Clemson University EREC
Blackville, SC

https://www.clemson.edu/extension/bulltest/edisto/erecwx/

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Help needed soil temps`
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 01:47:02 PM »
Probably the simplest option is to look at the Share & Uploads section of the Bulletin display on weatherlink.com and then preview the Summary screen. That will give you access to a URL that will display the key readings in a fixed format. If you can then use a way of presenting that URL on your target website (eg in an iframe) then that should hopefully work. Difficult to be more precise than that because exactly which readings are available or will show up depends on the station and upload device amongst other things and so can vary significantly from station to station.

If you do decide to bite the bullet and use the wl.com v2 API then to supplement the Davis Github documentation there is now an introductory page to using the v2 API on our Davis knowledgebase at:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/v2-api-data-access-by-programs

It's actually not that difficult to use but you do have to get to first base of understanding how the authentication process work before you can really make progress.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:55:30 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ssell9889

• Edisto REC Weather
Re: Help needed soil temps`
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 08:32:04 PM »
The first solution worked perfectly. I did not realize that screen was availble...I though only those embeddable ones were.....excellent ans thank you!!!
----
Scott Sell
Research Associate
Clemson University EREC
Blackville, SC

https://www.clemson.edu/extension/bulltest/edisto/erecwx/

anything