Author Topic: Curious about weather console  (Read 441 times)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
Curious about weather console
« on: July 20, 2020, 09:10:34 AM »
How many still use their console since they have purchased the WLL?  I retired mine.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Curious about weather console
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 11:08:17 AM »
The WLL supports all the current and popular weather applications; Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, Weather-Display, the WeeWX. But I can see if someone is still running some of the older applications to then still keep their console and logger around. For example to continue to run Cumulus 1, Weatherlink for PC, VWS....etc. Also required for WiFiLogger and MB NANO users (unless they have an Envoy).

What I'm saying is that it isn't solely about the visual display itself in many circumstances.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:11:46 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 01:02:32 PM »
How many still use their console since they have purchased the WLL?  I retired mine.

Guess I'm old school. I still like to be able to get a quick glance at the console for current conditions even though I do really like WLL and it's functionality (txt alarms..etc). Had my console audibly alarm twice a couple of days ago when our rainfall rates peaked at 10.94 inches/hr. Also the console would still be viewable as long as the batteries lasted during a power outage.
Bill

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
Another way of looking at it is that Weatherlink Live is an alternative to a logger rather than alternative to a console. I can imagine quite a few users retiring their logger but keeping the always-on visual display of the console. (Of course, as per the OP, some people may choose to retire both console AND logger. But if you have the console already then why not keep using it as an extra display?)
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything