Author Topic: Question Regarding Meteobridge vs WLL with Vantage Vue  (Read 561 times)

Offline mdwx

Question Regarding Meteobridge vs WLL with Vantage Vue
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »
Hello,
I've always used windows and finally got my first iMac July of 2019.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Anyway, when I purchased the station I had the tp-link MR3020 packaged along with it preconfigured.  As you all know there are so many different options with the Meteobridge interface, I'm loving it.  Can I configure any of the Weather34 display's I see online with this type of Meteobridge?  One other question, just like the Weatherlink 2.0 website it looks like WeatherLink Live has very limited add on capability  compared to Meteobridge.  Will this change as time goes by?  I was seriously considering buying one since I have a Davis Station, actually my second one, I had a VP2 years ago but I had to sell it when I moved.  Long story short, should I stick with Meteobridge or give WLL serious consideration?

Thanks so much,
Tony

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Question Regarding Meteobridge vs WLL with Vantage Vue
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:40:47 AM »
WLL vs MB is not really an apples for apples match.

WLL is THE Davis logging solution for the future and I expect all future data handling features to focus around WLL. But WLL intrinsically involves uploads to weatherlink.com and most of the future innovation will happen on the cloud platform. (Though an increasing number of programs are able to talk to WLL locally, so local options will continue to expand but developed & supported by third parties and not by Davis.) MB OTOH is more of a device that provides maximum flexibility for data handling at a local level (plus any uploads that you may have MB configured to make).

So I guess it depends whether your interest is more in playing with local data handling or, alternatively, having a large chunk of the data handling taken care of for you (but potentially with a $50 annual subscription) by a professionally-managed cloud solution that will continue to have more and more features added as time passes.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:14 AM »
Can I configure any of the Weather34 display's I see online with this type of Meteobridge?
No, not any one. You need the version for your device. The original Weather34 by Brian Underdown (aka Weather34) is only for the Meteobridge NANO. You have the Meteobridge standard on the TP-Link. The Weather34 forked solution for the standard Meteobridge is also called Weather34 and it is maintained by Lightmaster and you can get that here:
https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:22:37 AM »
The original Weather34 by Brian Underdown (aka Weather34) is only for the Meteobridge NANO.
That is incorrect as I was a tester for Brian since 2016.  Brian's template is available for many data sources including WiFiLogger http://www.komokaweather.com/pws-wfl/

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Tele-Pole

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 01:04:13 PM »
Agreed things change, and a correction on my using Brian's HomeWeather template as it was 2015 in testing and using until today.
And again, Weather34 templates are currently available for other than Meteobridge NANO https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=29817.700
And similar by others https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=37263.msg395137#msg395137

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 03:04:23 PM »
And again, Weather34 templates are currently available for other than Meteobridge NANO https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=29817.700
And similar by others https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=37263.msg395137#msg395137

Yes, and I never said otherwise. I said that the original Weather34 is only for Meteobridge NANO as it is the only version currently maintained by Brian. All other Weather34 versions, that were designed by Brian, are currently being maintained by other people other than Brian. So yes you can get Weather34 for many platforms but you better get the right one for your software. The question was, "Can I configure any of the Weather34 display's I see online with this type of Meteobridge?" and the answer is, NO, not any, only the right one for your software, from the correct repository.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:06:37 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline mdwx

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 05:11:15 AM »
Really appreciate the feedback guys.  I need to learn to ask questions BEFORE beating my head on a wall for days on in.  PS Mid Atlantic Winter is going down the tubes FAST. I'm to the point I don't even know why I look at the Euro, who wants to goto bed depressed daily lol.  Thanks again, Tony