Weather Related Organizations > PWSweather / AerisWeather / WeatherForYou

PWSweather date and time upload format supports "now"

(1/2) > >>

jwreynoldson:
Just a heads up for anyone else whose homebuilt station is real time clock challenged...

The pwsweather  observation upload  http GET format for "&dateutc=" now supports "now" as s ubstitute for the specific date/time (YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss) format, and will date stamp the observation for you.  (compatible with the Weather Underground inplementation)

Thanks, pwsweather developers.  I was able to port my station (now reporting to both) simply by changing the host web address and php link.

JR    PWS: BALNARR2  WU:IBALNARR2, IFLINDER3
(PS: my previous workaround was to query pwsweather before uploading and ask it what it thought the time and date was)

bohemian:
Oddly enough, I seem to be having an issue with this. If I use dateutc=now, calls to PWSweather.com come back with the message:

ERROR: Missing required parameter dateutc

So maybe something has changed since the OP tried this.

jwreynoldson:
I've just checked, and my station which uses this option is currently reporting successfully.

bohemian:

--- Quote from: jwreynoldson on October 21, 2020, 03:55:44 PM ---I've just checked, and my station which uses this option is currently reporting successfully.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for checking.

It's still not working for me but I think it just gives that error message, even though that is quite possibly not the error. I sent a dummy call with completely bogus creds and got exactly the same message.

This is a swine to debug ...

galfert:
There are two choices of path to upload to PWSweather. Maybe one path accepts dateutc=now and the other doesn't?

Path choices:
/pwsupdate/pwsupdate.php?
/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?

Well if you include the different domains there are actually even more choices. You can see results of my testing in the following post:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=39535.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version