Author Topic: Acurite Atlas Elite  (Read 15040 times)

Offline jmello65

Re: Acurite Atlas Elite
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2020, 11:10:10 PM »
i saw a posting on facebook - on an acurite group site --- showing a posting of the Elite on Amazon  - with no price,pic --- but a description of the Elite ---  Did i see right    Anyone else see it

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2020, 05:17:19 AM »
i saw a posting on facebook - on an acurite group site --- showing a posting of the Elite on Amazon  - with no price,pic --- but a description of the Elite ---  Did i see right    Anyone else see it

Yes it has been there for years. I have it saved on Camel Camel Camel with a very ridiculous price watch amount to alert me the minute it goes on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074ZM5D5P
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2020, 11:25:01 AM »
An interesting thought ... If the Atlas Elite is actually still a product in development, and if it had reached the stage of beta testing, one would have to think that George would be one of the beta testers and would have had an Elite in his possession. It could now potentially be in the hands of someone who didn't sign the NDA. I wonder how Acurite would handle a situation like this.

My guess is that the Elite is a dead project, but when George was still posting here, any time someone suggested that he would challenge it. He was a wealth of knowledge about Acurite products and I am sorry he is no longer with us.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline jmello65

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2020, 04:10:46 PM »
Why is the Elite posted on Amazon -- with no pic or price if it isnt for sale !!!!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2020, 04:31:46 PM »
A lot of vendors list their products on Amazon before they are available to have it ready. What happened is that at one point you could search for it and it would show up as coming soon. But then it was marked to be hidden as the release for the product changed. But if someone saved the link, then you can still get to it. I saved it, and that is how I'm still able to pull it up.
Tele-Pole

Offline jmello65

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »
How much were they asking for the Elite ??  300 - 400

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2020, 07:43:04 PM »
It never had a price shown. But based on the Atlas pricing I think it would likely be much higher than $400. Just a hunch.

Tele-Pole

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2020, 07:50:21 PM »
It was meant as direct competition for the 24hr VP2. They even made the design similar.

Offline jmello65

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2020, 06:03:15 PM »
  Hi guys !!!!!

I saw on facebook today --  that Acurite made an announcement of a new product -- says will be out a week or two -- said look for further emails -----  what could it be ???   The Elite  !!!!!  -- just in time for the holidays ----- is it the Elite or a new Display ---  Thoughts

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2020, 06:05:08 PM »
Tele-Pole

Offline Jhalo45

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2021, 02:48:35 PM »
I can confirm that the Atlas Elite is still in development and getting close to mass production. I sent a very lengthy email to Acurite corporate team and got the following response back:

Good Morning JW,

We are still working on the Atlas Elite. AcuRite continues to be committed to developing high-quality products with features customers love. The release of the Atlas weather station raises the bar on our product capabilities. The Atlas Elite weather station is being refined by our development team to ensure that your feedback is incorporated into the final product. We will be ready to communicate more about the Atlas Elite in the near future.
I apologize that I cannot say more, but I can confirm that the project is still ongoing.

Most of that response was generic hoopla, but some was actually typed by a person. I just flat out asked them if the project was dead or if it still had a lifeline. I also told them that there was a lot of people excited for this addition. So there is hope! I will be one of the first to buy it when it gets released.

JW
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 01:41:06 AM by Jhalo45 »

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2021, 10:06:22 AM »
 [tup] that's great to hear!
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline EdOz

• The Weather Station Experts
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2021, 10:58:00 AM »
I can confirm that the Atlas Elite is still in development and getting close to mass production. I sent a very lengthy email to Acurite corporate team and got the following response back:

Good Morning JW,

We are still working on the Atlas Elite. AcuRite continues to be committed to developing high-quality products with features customers love. The release of the Atlas weather station raises the bar on our product capabilities. The Atlas Elite weather station is being refined by our development team to ensure that your feedback is incorporated into the final product. We will be ready to communicate more about the Atlas Elite in the near future.
I apologize that I cannot say more, but I can confirm that the project is still ongoing.

Most of that response was generic hoopla, but some was actually typed by a person. I just flat out asked them if the project was dead or if it still had a lifeline. I also told them that there was a lot of people excited for this addition. So there is hope! I will be one of the first to buy it when it gets released.

JW

That's surprising. The way it was scrubbed from all their promotional materials made me think after the initial Atlas launch (which wasn't problem-free), they gave up to focus on that and make it significantly better.

I honestly hope they spend a little more time on development. The lightning detection was borked from the beginning, and even after I sent mine in as part of the recall it still didn't work right with the "Fix". The rain gauge also seriously undercounted rainfall (still does, installed at a friend's on the NJ coast lol). Felt like the station overall didn't live up to the expectations for it, and that's what makes me worry about the Elite. Hopefully that's the "feedback" they're incorporating in .. hell if they read the big AcuRite FB groups they know what people hate about it - it's almost always the rain gauge, although there are way too many in there with sensor suite issues with durability.

I guess we'll see. I definitely want to get my hands on it if it indeed is still alive. If they are really targeting the Atlas Elite as a competitor to the Davis VP2 they really need to step it up. I do really like their web and mobile apps. Just wish they let you look at more than 30 days of historical data. That may have changed, it's been two years or so.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
I have a feeling that the Elite will be released on April 1st, alongside the long-awaited Davis VP3.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline EdOz

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2021, 11:12:44 AM »
That went over my head at first  :lol:

I've often wondered what the next VP would look like (or cost LOL)

Offline Jhalo45

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2021, 11:35:38 AM »
I still cannot believe Davis thought that joke was actually funny before. Shame shame. I am hopeful we will get something exciting this year.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2021, 04:18:49 PM »
When the Elite talk started..what's it been..a good five years ago, I was excited to see some potential competition for the 24hr VP2. After all the issues with the Atlas, I wouldn't touch the Elite with a 10 meter anemometer pole. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Jhalo45

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2021, 01:33:58 AM »
What is really sad is the VP3 would not need a huge update to be better. The current VP2 sensors are all terrific. I say make fan aspiration standard and include a direct to wifi console. Maybe even add a camera  I would keep all the sensors modular for easy replacement. Keep it simple but make it better.

Offline Jhalo45

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2021, 02:19:16 AM »
I would like to add after my display unit on my Atlas was replaced, I have had zero issues with the sensors or the lightning detector. They replaced it with the latest direct to wifi console. Much better than their online hub setup. I like Acurite and will be more than willing to give the Elite a try.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2021, 09:22:04 AM »
So the wifi display doesn't have the signal dropping out issue like the original display?

Offline Jhalo45

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »
So the wifi display doesn't have the signal dropping out issue like the original display?

Mine has been flawless so far.

Offline EdOz

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2021, 04:59:29 PM »
I thought the lightning detection was due to an issue with the fan aspiration, though?

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2021, 12:54:33 PM »
I thought the lightning detection was due to an issue with the fan aspiration, though?

Originally was, there was a wire that was ran from the factory that was too close to the LD module. they moved it in the fix/update and seemed like that was the fix as far as I remember.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:42:41 PM by galfert »
KMIBADAX38

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »
What ever happened to the Atlas Elite? Is it still in active development at Acurite? Or did they abandon the project altogether?
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »
Nobody knows for sure
KMIBADAX38