Author Topic: Problems with WL ftp uploads  (Read 1974 times)

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
Problems with WL ftp uploads
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »
I have a Weather Monitor II that I purchased in 2003.  Once I was up and running, I created a website at Yahoo Geocities to upload my weather station templates.  It ran fine until October of this year, when the website was changed to Yahoo Small Business as the host at a higher monthly fee.  Ever since the switch,  the .gif images generated are not being updated on my site.  I have spent the last two weeks trying to get Yahoo to fix the problem to no avail.  Could it actually be a problem on my end?

I have set the WL up to send a copy of the files to my computer after upload, and they all show the current readings when I go and look at them.  After doing numerous refreshes on the website, maybe two or three of the images will be correct.  All the other info on the site is current, its just the .gif images. ](*,) ](*,)

When I go to my site and open the file editor, the .gif files indicate they were modified at the correct time, but the images are not the current images.  I have tried uploading the current image files that WL wrote to my computer, using the file editor.  It also shows they were modified at the new time, but still show the way old images.  I am totally frustrated and looking for any suggestions, including a possible new web host.

Thanks.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: Problems with WL ftp uploads
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
If the problems began when they made a change, then I doubt its on your end.

Not sure what kind of logging that WL has... I was with "paid" yahoo hosting that came with my rogers internet service.  It worked fine for quite some time, then I started getting all kinds of socket errors as noted in the VWS logs.  It was not just VWS, other ftp programs would get the same thing.  I left for free hosting at tripod for a few months, then finally bit the bullet and bought my own domain and hosted via Godaddy.  No complaints since.  There is a current thread running on hosting options right now... http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=2367.0

Andrew

I have a Weather Monitor II that I purchased in 2003.  Once I was up and running, I created a website at Yahoo Geocities to upload my weather station templates.  It ran fine until October of this year, when the website was changed to Yahoo Small Business as the host at a higher monthly fee.  Ever since the switch,  the .gif images generated are not being updated on my site.  I have spent the last two weeks trying to get Yahoo to fix the problem to no avail.  Could it actually be a problem on my end?

................  I am totally frustrated and looking for any suggestions, including a possible new web host.
Thanks.
Mark

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline cherokeeweather

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
I'm having the same problem with yahoo.. Did you find a solution? #-o

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »
I thought yahoo geocities closed a few weeks ago?
Andrew

I'm having the same problem with yahoo.. Did you find a solution? #-o

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
After about three weeks, Yahoo evidently fixed the problem.  It has been working fine for over a year.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.