Author Topic: Davis 6250 no UV  (Read 725 times)

Offline faithtech

Davis 6250 no UV
« on: July 06, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »
I have, as the title suggests, a Davis 6250 with 6100 internet data logger.
My question is this... is there anyway i can connect a UV sensor to the Davis 6250 system without having to buy a Davis pro2 ISS and then a UV sensor and moiunt? I'm in the process of adding a webcam and the UV measurements is the only thing left my station is not reporting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
John

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Davis 6250 no UV
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 06:21:40 PM »
Yes, but not directly.

- if you have a WLL you can add the UV to the 6332 and then report that along with your Vue ISS data to Weatherlink.com. To the WLL you can then also add the most popular 3rd party weather softwares so that you can also send the data to just about anywhere (Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, Weather-Display, and WeeWX).

- You can do the same as above (6332 +UV) with a Meteobridge Pro Red (no need for WLL) and then send all the data to just about anywhere.

But the above solutions means that the Vue console will not see this UV data. The Vue console is capable of displaying the UV but only if the VP2 ISS is used.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:26:32 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline faithtech

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 08:41:51 PM »
I have WLL but thru the 6100 not the 6332. So it looks like I'm either getting another ISS or not showing UV.
That pretty much cover it?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 10:31:42 PM »
WLL =  WeatherLink Live = 6100   they are the same thing, just different names for same device.

The 6332 is a transmitter that you can add. Then you connect UV sensor the 6332 transmitter. The 6100 can then see the 6332 and the 6250 at the same time and provide the data from both to Weatherlink.com.

Tele-Pole

Offline faithtech

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 11:37:53 PM »
WLL =  WeatherLink Live = 6100   they are the same thing, just different names for same device.

The 6332 is a transmitter that you can add. Then you connect UV sensor the 6332 transmitter. The 6100 can then see the 6332 and the 6250 at the same time and provide the data from both to Weatherlink.com.

How do I connect the 6490 to the 6332? I'm new at this so bear that In mind plz...

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Tele-Pole

Offline PacoJavi

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 12:53:43 PM »
Hello guys,

I thought I would post my question into this post, at the end of the day the objective is the same.

A friend of mine has a Davis Vue which is connected to the pc by a USB datalogger and saving/sending data to the weatherlink network.
Now he wants to share his data in wunderground, but apparently the instructions to get the wunderground plugin/module for weatherlink required to do it are not accurate enough, and neither of us have had any luck by searching an answer in the forum.

Could you please give us some hints?

Thank you

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »
The solution is to expand with other hardware / software in order to send UV and Solar radiation.

Another solution that was not mentioned (because it didn't exist back in July 2020) is that now the Meteobridge supports multiple stations. This is a new feature as of only a couple months ago. This allows you to run an Ecowitt GW1000 and perhaps use the UV and Solar from that station which the Meteobridge then combines and then you can upload to WU the combined data as one station upload.

Do keep in mind that the UV and Solar Radiation on the Ecowitt GW1000 is sort of simulated or extrapolated via a Lux sensor. Meaning it isn't a true UV and Solar Radiation sensor. Some assumptions are made regarding Lux and that is converted to Solar Radiation and UV....which are approximations. You can adjust and calibrate the conversion factor used for your location to get better data. But still it isn't a true UV and Solar Radiation sensor....and to some this may be okay and to other purist is may not be.

As you can see there are several options. But you need to get off the Weatherlink PC software in order to do this.....or you need another logger like the WeatherLink Live if you want to continue to run Weatherlink PC software.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:48:11 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 04:13:24 PM »

Hello guys,
I thought I would post my question into this post, at the end of the day the objective is the same.
A friend of mine has a Davis Vue which is connected to the pc by a USB datalogger and saving/sending data to the weatherlink network.
Now he wants to share his data in wunderground, but apparently the instructions to get the wunderground plugin/module for weatherlink required to do it are not accurate enough, and neither of us have had any luck by searching an answer in the forum.
Could you please give us some hints?
Thank you

Hi,
Is that uploading to the current weatherlink.com? like https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/a3a3c5e7-b8bd-4910-ba3a-f6ad6e1f09d1
If so then you can add upload from there to WU and CWOP through the Share settings.

If you are not yet on weatherlink.com then you can register for free and https://support.davisinstruments.com/article/a4f5ueyb5d-how-do-i-start-uploading-my-data-to-weather-link-com

If you already have the Davis station and datalogger then you do not need any additional hardware.
Of course there are many other options for sending and saving data if you want to go that route, and at no cost.

Enjoy,
Paul