Author Topic: Fan Aspirated Solar Panel  (Read 418 times)

Offline chas9496

Fan Aspirated Solar Panel
« on: June 07, 2020, 08:48:47 AM »
I'm sorry if I've posted this under the incorrect forum. I've been looking into building my own Aspirated Solar shield. I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on which micro panel would run a computer fan at a slow speed. I've Googled sites on it and don't find very much on the subject. I have a two wire fans and need to know what voltage would be needed to power it, not exactly at high speed. I found some info about possibly a 5V panel would work but there may be more to it, like watts, amps & input voltage or whatever is needed for the correct panel. I'm sure someone here has built one of these. I know nothing about that kind of technical stuff. Thanks for any information you can give.

Offline iisfaq

• Christchurch Weather Live
  • Senior Contributor
    • Christchurch Weather Live
Re: Fan Aspirated Solar Panel
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »
If you are running a computer fan then it probably runs at 12v.

You need to find out how much current it needs to run.

For example if it runs at 12v and uses 100ma of current then it would use 1.2w of power.

Why do you want to run this? What about when it is dark or cloudy?

Are you thinking  of running Only from solar panel or the solar panel charges a Battery and you run the fan from the battery?

I am working on a temperature sensor which will run on an esp8266 wifi chip using an 18640 battery and a solar panel and a 1 wire temperature probe.  I have Ben watching a lot of YouTube videos.

You need to work out the current and power consumption and if it run with without a battery.

You did not mention what you are using the fan for?

I would be looking at possibly a 5v fan that uses less current but it depends on what you want to cool?

Chris
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:55:10 PM by iisfaq »