Weather Station Hardware > Weather Radios

Oddcast... CPU usage (again)

(1/2) > >>

ncpilot:
Wanted to get into a new thread with this so it wouldn't get lost in the "big" one on streaming...

There were some discussions in the past on CPU usage for Oddcast, and mine has just changed fairly drastically...

I'm running the Aug 25, 2006 build, V3.

Prior to my shutdown and reboot a few moments ago (for internal cleaning/dusting), typically Oddcast would use anywhere from 3-15% CPU, but was pretty consistent at around 10-12% (on Athlon 64 3000+).

After the reboot, it's not even registering 1% CPU, and it's streaming just fine...

That's pretty strange. I'll check tomorrow to see if it has increased, and whether memory usage has changed or not... (at about 9,500k now).

ncpilot:
Well now, this is interesting... It appears that when another active window is open, like what I'm doing now in Firefox, or when Weatherlink is creating a page and uploading, Oddcast CPU % shoots up.  Right now it's around 13%.

If I minimize Firefox, after about 30 seconds, it settles back down to 0-2%.

That seems like strange behavior...

ncpilot:
Back up to 10-12% on average now, same memory use...

carterlake:
I found the April build (v9) just works better.

ncpilot:
Where can I find that build? It's not the one in the current link in Wunderground. And I went to the Oddsock site, and don't see any docs that indicate build date...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version