Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WeatherLink not receiving data

(1/2) > >>

Jackietools:
I updated my Eero router the other day. I use WeatherLink 6.05 with a USB connection on my PC. TP 3020 (using Meteobridge) sending wireless data from my Vantage Vue to my network which is then transmitted from WeatherLink on my PC. Its been running 8 years no problems until now. Keep getting error in WL Setup/Communications Port "Cannot establish connection since port is already in use. Please disconnect and try again." Tried unplugging and plugging data logger out of station. Unplugged and removed batteries from Vue. Tried reverting back to older version of Meteobridge. Still get same error. How can I restore my TP 3020 back to its factory settings and reinstall everything fresh? Any ideas, links or suggestions appreciated. Cant figure how to reconnect the TP 3020 to factory reset it. Thanks.

Mattk:
If the Eero router was updated then wouldn't the issue be with that? 

davidmc36:
"In Use" errors can be caused by another application using the port .... or .... another instance of the same App using the port.

Jackietools:
I started and restarted PC several times. I used task manager and no other instances of WeatherLink were running. I closed and restarted WeatherLink and also reinstalled WeatherLink. Do you know where to start to figure out what application is using the port? Thanks. If I can't how can I wipe the TP 3020 clean and reinstall Meteobridge

davidmc36:
Is there any configuration file left behind when you did re-install of WL? Could it retain some COMM settings that prevent WL from making new connection?

All other things work with updated router?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version