Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

New User Replacing Data Logger IP with WiFiLogger

(1/7) > >>

WestTx:
I will be replacing my Davis WeatherlinkIP with WFL within the next couple of days and while I wait for the postman I have a few basic questions...
(I have read the WFL usermanual and quickstart documentation but they didn't provide answers.)

I have been using the Weatherlink PC software for a couple of years and use it daily to download data from weatherlink.com.  When I install WFL will it continue to send data to my same weatherlink.com account?  I plan to continue to use Weatherlink PC for archiving, etc.

Since my weatherlink.com account is set up to send data to WU and CWOP, will it continue to do so with no other setup/editing?  I have the option of continuing the feed WU/CWOP with weatherlink or I can replace that feed using the WFL (in the Export page)?

In the Weatherlink PC software, the Communications Port shows the WeatherlinkIP DID (device ID).  Is that just the MAC address which will be replaced by the WFL MAC address?  If I sell or give my WeatherlinkIP to someone will there be any conflicts if they use it with their own weatherlink.com account?  It appears to me that the weatherlink.com account is interested only in the console ID so that won't change.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade and appreciate the information and help.  Thanks

Les

BigAlT:
The DID and key used by WFL are generated by the weatherlink website when you register for an account. They are not related to the MAC address of the WFL. The DID from your WeatherLinkIP is actually affixed to the device itself so will be different from the one that is created when you create a basic ( free ) account at weatherlink.com . If you haven’t created an account on weatherlink.com do so and you’ll get your DID and key which are entered into your WFL in the Weather Export Setup Tab. Then enter those values into your WeatherLink software and you should be good to go. I don’t know if you need to enter the key into your weatherlink software as this is probably only needed to upload data to their servers and probably isn’t needed to download data into the software.
 Since the DID and key generated by weatherlink.com are different than the DID attached to your weatherlinkIP there will be no conflicts if someone else uses it.

WestTx:
Since I already have a basic weatherlink.com account (the one I use with the WeatherLinkIP) can I add WFL to the same account?  Then delete the WeatherLinkIP device on that account?  Is the WFL added as a Data Logger rather than a WeatherLinkIP since those seem to be the only applicable devices indicated by the Add Device option at weatherlink.com?

Thanks

BigAlT:
Here’s a previous question and answer by Wi Fi Logger regarding your question
“ « Reply #631 on: November 19, 2018, 01:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Herbaldew on November 19, 2018, 01:21:04 PM
Can I use my current Device ID and key for WeatherLink or do I need to register again with the WFL?
The current ID/key was obtained with the WeatherLink program and Davis USB data logger.  It will not go online again after the mailman shows up this afternoon with my WFL.
Thanks

Hi,

In WFL please use WL PC mode.
You can use your DID. You can also use DID from damaged WL IP. Only little problem is with new DID. You have to click on "Activation" text in WFL. It has to be done to unlock new DID. Your did is already used, so all you need is to place ID and PASS in WFL.

Please note that WL PC and WL IP are making uploads every 1 min. That is by default. In WFL you can choose from minimum 1 min. I am using 3 min. interval. For proper working of WL.COM 2.0 you should set interval 1,2 or 3 min. There is a problem with barometer. WL.COM 2.0 is making chart with barometer. Sometimes it's showing current value instead of chart. Then click on "Activation" text in WFL. This will clear current data in WL.COM 2.0 and it should  helps with barometer. “

I’m using WL IP mode in my WFL since I set it up before Wi Fi Logger posted his reply to the above question and it works fine so I don’t know what the difference is. I added mine on Weatherlink.com as a Weatherlink IP since it matched the WL IP mode in my WFL setup

WestTx:
Thanks for pointing out those posts... I'd read that but it's been awhile so I guess I forgot.

So apparently I can continue to use the IP DID already in use or I have the option to use a new WFL DID but I'm not sure how seamless a new DID might be in regards to archived data.  I think I'll continue to use the IP DID and may try to change it later on if I get rid of the WeatherloggerIP so there won't be a conflict with the new user.

It also appears some of this might be cleared up once I see the options available in the WFL - they're apparently not all documented in the user manual.

Thanks again for your help... I appreciate it.

Les

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version