Author Topic: Why are folks here so critical of Ecowitt?  (Read 1326 times)

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
Why are folks here so critical of Ecowitt?
« on: August 03, 2023, 05:25:30 AM »
I am getting very frustrated by the increasing vitriol being spouted by some members here in the Ecowitt forums! I accept that people have their options but it seems to me that too many are interjecting vitriol into threads and diverting those threads from the original creators subject matter.  ](*,)

Please can everyone calm down, stick to updates in threads relevant to the topic and stick to facts. If you want to bash Ecowitt then create your own threads which can be ignored by those not interested in such often unsubstantiated opinions, or better still email Ecowitt with your opinions and then for the sake of balance publish your comments along with Ecowitt's replies.

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Why are folks here so critical of Ecowitt?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 10:09:22 AM »
There's an Ecowitt forum section here?!?!?!?  :?
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 10:14:11 AM »
There's an Ecowitt forum section here?!?!?!?  :?

Yes I know that's not accurate but I'm sure you know what I mean - Ecowitt threads on the relevant forum board.  :roll:

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 04:54:45 PM »
My response was half sarcasm, and half wondering why Ecowitt doesn't already have its own forum hardware section given their market share.

@saratogaWX???

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 05:20:06 PM »
Yes I did realise that  ;) It may be something Ken wants to consider,although they are all Fine Offset under the covers.

I not bothered by people having these views I just wish they would keep them in a separate thread and not go off topic in other peoples threads.

This makes me  :-x

Stuart

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 08:25:38 PM »
The board for those  is: "Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones"

This board is for discussion and peer support for Ambient and Ecowitt brand Weather Stations and other Fine Offset clones like: Froggit, Misol, Aercus, Tycon, Maplin, Watson...etc.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 04:31:05 PM »
The board for those  is: "Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones"

Mea culpa!  I had that board hidden in my profile.....  #-o

anything