Author Topic: Weatherlink not picking up data  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Hadrian

Weatherlink not picking up data
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:43:52 AM »
Vantage Vue and Weatherlink IP, streaming to Weather Underground (INORTHUMB30) via Weatherlink successfully for years.

On 2 December my Weather Underground station went offline. I haven't changed anything.

The console is working fine, and the LED light on the Weatherlink IP is green and operational.

Weatherlink seems to be receiving some data, since it gives the correct upload time. It does not give the correct weather data, which is stuck on the same temperature etc.

The problem seems to be at the Weatherlink website end: I get daily emails with data from Weatherlink, they are correct up to 2 December, after which the daily emails are identical.

I did email Davis. My only response was a marketing email, which was not what I was looking for.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Mark

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink not picking up data
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 04:08:35 AM »
Presumably you have tried the obvious step of rebooting the Vue console? ie power down fully, wait a minute or two and then repower. If so then where exactly is the data not showing up on wl.com - on the Bulletin screen on the browser app, on the Data tab (if you have the Pro subscription), on the smartphone app etc?

NB There's been a mass marketing mailout from Davis - just coincidence that it happened to cross with your email to them.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Hadrian

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 04:34:47 AM »
John, thanks. I have tried powering off and rebooting the console.I don't have a Pro subscription.

There is no current data on the bulletin screen. If I mouse over my Current Station at the top of the bulletin screen, it gives the correct current date and time, and there is no other current data. I'm using Safari on an iMac, but I don't think the problem is there, nothing is going from Weatherlink to Weather Underground.

Mark

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 05:12:51 AM »
OK, you'll need to get Davis to check things out at their end. Hopefully you did send them the DID for the IP logger as well as the accurate station name. They should get back to you within a few days but their support is very busy and it can sometimes take a little while. Otherwise contact your supplying dealer for support.

NB It's not always easy to troubleshoot this sort of issue, especially not without more background information, eg how old is the IP logger, what firmware is it running, have there been any other recent changes to the network configuration etc? But the next step is for Davis to check whether there's any obvious issue at their end. If not then things have to go to the next level of troubleshooting. If it's a pretty old logger then it's not impossible that it's developed a fault, though that is very rare.

Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Hadrian

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
Problem solved, or rather identified. Davis sent out an email saying the Weatherlink IP is bugged and needs a firmware update. Unfortunately the update is PC only, and I have a Mac, so still not fixed.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 03:50:41 PM »
Problem solved, or rather identified. Davis sent out an email saying the Weatherlink IP is bugged and needs a firmware update.

The Davis email is correct of course, but AFAIK the issue it refers to only started on 1st January, so would not have been the cause of your original problem. Of course the firmware update does now need to happen as and when you're able to do it, but it may or may not fix your original issue.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shennings

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 09:33:01 PM »
Problem solved, or rather identified. Davis sent out an email saying the Weatherlink IP is bugged and needs a firmware update. Unfortunately the update is PC only, and I have a Mac, so still not fixed.

Did Davis happen to mention a fix or firmware update for Mac in the works by chance?
I use Mac as well and in the process of putting my new Vantage Pro together along with the weatherlink etc.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 03:56:45 AM »
Did Davis happen to mention a fix or firmware update for Mac in the works by chance?
I use Mac as well and in the process of putting my new Vantage Pro together along with the weatherlink etc.

Just to be clear, the firmware update being talked about at present is for the IP logger, so it's not PC or Mac specific. You just need some way of getting the update into the logger.

Maybe what you're asking about is a version of the firmware installer that will run on a Mac. Well, ICBW, but honestly I can't see this happening. The IP logger is now an obsolete product (for buying from new); Davis never did release a Mac updater when the IP logger was a current product, so I can't see them diverting resources to it now. If you don't have a Windows PC yourself then is it not possible just to borrow use of a Windows laptop from a friend for 30 minutes or so - that's all you should need to run the F/W updater.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shennings

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 11:20:52 AM »
Ah!  Understood on the IP Weatherlink -  Thank you.

I hope to be up and running in a couple of weeks and trying to head-off any problems before I turn it on.
Thanks for the reply-

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 01:17:37 PM »
Vantage Vue and Weatherlink IP, streaming to Weather Underground (INORTHUMB30) via Weatherlink successfully for years.

On 2 December my Weather Underground station went offline. I haven't changed anything.

The console is working fine, and the LED light on the Weatherlink IP is green and operational.

Weatherlink seems to be receiving some data, since it gives the correct upload time. It does not give the correct weather data, which is stuck on the same temperature etc.

The problem seems to be at the Weatherlink website end: I get daily emails with data from Weatherlink, they are correct up to 2 December, after which the daily emails are identical.

I did email Davis. My only response was a marketing email, which was not what I was looking for.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Mark

If real time data are correct on WL.COM. Then you should try to clear archive memory. From console menu you can't do this, but WeatherLink PC, even MAC should have this option.