Author Topic: intermittent wifi connection 5-in-1  (Read 1151 times)

Offline critical367

intermittent wifi connection 5-in-1
« on: July 20, 2023, 12:46:12 AM »
I just bought the 5-in-1 with 6100M display so that I could connect direct to wifi and Weather Underground. The initial install and setup was fine. However, within a few hours both MyAcurite.com and Weather Underground showed the station was offline. The displays goes from showing a wifi connection to the wifi icon flashing with an x. The wifi signal is strong (about 15 feet from a booster). The only fix so far has been a reset but the problem recurs. Acurite support says that I need to change router settings to increase priority or free up bandwidth in the 2.4 band. I cannot really do that (those settings are not available in the router configuration). It seems like a problem with acurite since other devices I use recover from transient outages. I am hoping someone here has a suggestion before I return the unit (and look for another brand).

TIA.

Offline critical367

Re: intermittent wifi connection 5-in-1
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 12:08:50 PM »
Solved! AcuRite sent me a replacement display unit under warranty. It has been connected for a week now with no outages. I tested it by pulling the plug and it re-connected. Sharing to Weather Underground is working well. Bonus is that they told me to keep the original unit, which I am using as a second display without connecting to wifi.

anything