Author Topic: GetStreamHosting broadcast server.  (Read 1752 times)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
GetStreamHosting broadcast server.
« on: June 30, 2020, 10:33:54 AM »
If you haven't changed your stream to a SSL secure connection, I highly recommend switching/adding GetStreamHosting.  I've been using them for a bit over a month.  They have a one time $5 setup fee.  But I know have a nice SSL connection that Chrome won't complain about.  The nicest thing is their reporting.  On an regular ICECAST server, it only shows max connections and current.  GSH has unique connections, minutes/hours broadcast, and even minutes by IP.  So some nice features.

I'm still broadcasting to Crushed Box server, just because I can.  Buy I consider this now my main stream.  I'm not advocating a mass move from Crushed box.  But in the coming years, SSL will be more and more required.  So this is a fairly cheap option, for now.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: GetStreamHosting broadcast server.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »
Not to dig up an old thread, but I'm no longer streaming to GHS.  They switched their "Free" plan terms.  They required you to put in a ticket or chat and "renew" your broadcast every 90 days.  The first time my stream got killed with no notice.  They didn't disclose to everyone the change in terms.  So I had to setup a whole new port and other configs on the server side to get things back up and running.

The second time, I went into chat and they said they renewed my 90 days.  2 days later it died again.  New ports and everything.  Another ticket submitted to get reinstated.  No aplology or explanation.  Just, "here's your new stream info".  This also happened to a couple of other streamers.  While I liked their stats pages, I can no longer recommend them.  They are too much hassle and don't do what they say they will.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI