Author Topic: how do I set the pressure on the ws-1090  (Read 2110 times)

Offline sunny1

how do I set the pressure on the ws-1090
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
Hi I just got my first weather station and need help with setting the pressure. I have read the manual over and over again and have the same problem when I enter the current pressure 30.40 it has dropped to 30.33 fast and on wunderground.com the pressure is climbing so what could be wrong? Could it be the alarm settings and can you tell me what the alarm settings do and can you tell me how to make the pressure show up on easy weather? My weather station is about 15 feet off the ground could that be the problem with the pressure? Other than that the station is working great and easy weather is working  to. Again this is about the ws-1090 thanks.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: how do I set the pressure on the ws-1090
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »
The pressure sensor is located in the console.

You should be setting  relative pressure and not absolute pressure.

You need to get a good relative/sea level pressure from a known source.

Most airports are reporting pressure altitude wich is different from both absolute and sea level.

Here is one source for data. go to your state and then select pressure from the menu.   You should be able to get fairly close.

http://www.uswx.com/uswx/national.php

The alarms are just alarms just like an alarm clock they have nothing to do with the settings.

Once you set it watch it for several days and see how close it is to the reference stations.  You may have to tweak it a little to get closer.

You will never be exactly the same as reference stations.

Most WX stations have a setting for altitude. I don't see one for the 1090 but I don't have one so don't really know.

Some more guidance.
http://www.weathershack.com/static/ed-barometer.html

Where are you.  What is your WU ID?

Offline WATH35

• Weather Station - Yelm, WA
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »
I have an Ambient Weather WS 1090 as well and I am being told that my barometer reading is inaccurate and that the sensor may not be functioning properly.  It is under warranty, but how can I check the barometer/altimeter setting?

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:22 PM »
I looked around comparing yours with other surrounding wxstations and your pressure graph appears to be following the others but just about .20" higher. Maybe if you just set your Relative (not Absolute) Pressure down about .20" from it's current reading you may be close.

anything