Author Topic: Airlink issue  (Read 565 times)

Offline T-bold

Airlink issue
« on: March 15, 2023, 06:18:49 AM »
Just when I thought I worked around all the Davis issues here comes another....when trying to install the newly bought airlink sensor I'm getting the error that says it's already installed...presumably elsewhere.
Since the sensor was bought new the previous install is clearly not the issue so I went ahead and tried the Davis support like the error message suggested....it went back and forth to no avail.
Has anyone else went through this issue before ? If so, is there a way to surpass it without input from Davis ?

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: Airlink issue
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:36:16 AM »
I take it this is a new unit and not second hand?  I ask as I know previous loggers that were second hand needed to be removed from weatherlink.com before the new owner could add it to thier account. just wondering if yours is new, maybe someone purchased this, registered it then asked for a refund perhaps?

whatever the scenario, you will need Davis to do their magic on Weatherlink and remove the device from whatever account it is assigned to.  or if purchased brand new, return to seller and get another one stating that one is faulty I guess.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:33:19 PM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline T-bold

Re: Airlink issue
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 10:52:47 AM »
yeah that's my thought exactly.....but I hoped for a workaround.....guess I will have to return it as it seems Davis doesn't come through, just yet....will wait one more day or so....too bad, as this should be something very easy to resolve imho.