Author Topic: Davis Console & Weatherlink Connectivity (for pushing data to third parties)?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline STRVineyard

Hi,

New here, my dad just replaced our old Vantage Vue with a Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless and also bought the Davis Console. The Console is grabbing data from the Station like it's supposed to, I can even get on the Weatherlink App on our iOS phones and see our Console with all of the indoor and outdoor data, we would want, fabulous.

The issue comes with trying to get this data onto a platform like Weather Underground. I think we thought that the Davis Console would give us this capability, but just looking around here it seems like mostly people are relying on another piece of hardware, which just seems weird... because it's already on the Weatherlink App. Oddly, it is NOT on the Weatherlink Website (although there appear to be many stations available on the Weatherlink App that are not showing up on the website).

Another odd thing is that on my dad's iOS phone in the Weatherlink App he has the Davis Console added already under his Devices (he doesn't remember ever adding it there on his account), even though when you click to add a new device it only gives you the Weatherlink option or Airlink option, both of which require extra hardware that we don't have. Logging into his Weatherlink.net account doesn't show that he has any devices registered and none of the options appear to allow you to register the console with the account.

I'm just curious if I'm missing something obvious. It just happens to be the weekend so I thought I might get some help here before Monday when I'll be hitting up customer service.

It feels like maybe this will be possible soon but not yet? They have an advertisement to buy the Davis Console right on the Weatherlink.net dashboard. Or maybe they still just want you to buy another piece of hardware? It just seems weird that there would be no cross communication between the phone App and the Website...

Thanks,

R

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
What's the question or issue here?

Weatherlink.com will forward data to 3 platforms - Weather Underground, CWOP and WOW for free every 15 minutes. (Or IIRC every 5 minutes if you have a Pro sub.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline STRVineyard

The issue is that I appear to have no way to enter the Station Key and Station ID assigned by Weather Underground to either my Vantage Pro2 Plus Station or Davis Console. I suspect I do this on Weatherlink.net on the website, but when I click "Add Device" I only see options to add a device with hardware I don't yet own, so I can't even add the device in this browser interface. Which seemed strange to me because the Davis Console is listed on the Weatherlink App.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Sorry, I misread your last reply and deleted my last post.

If your 6313 console is uploading to weatherlink.com then just choose Share & Uploads on the second header line, choose Add upload and follow the entries from there.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline STRVineyard

On the Weatherlink.com browser website it says I have no devices, the only options are to add a device using hardware I don't have. I don't see an option that says Share & Upload. My station doesn't appear when I search the map in the web browser.

On the Weatherlink iOS App it does associate the Weatherlink Console with my account, and it does show my Console on the map, but I don't appear to have any options to edit it or Share & Upload anything.

I just reread all the manuals I could find online for the new digital Weatherlink Console and I can't seem to find any references to how to do this through the new console. There is an article I found that says an "Upload" field is in "My Devices" on the Weatherlink.com website, but again, the website says I have no devices and I don't see a way to add the console.

Offline STRVineyard

Gosh I feel like an idiot.

Sorry this turned out to be a simple mistake and miscommunication between me and my dad. He had multiple accounts with the same e-mail on Weatherlink.com and I was logged into the wrong one.

Problem solved.

Thanks for you time! Sorry!

Offline mongo

just to let you know what I went thru trying over a year ago to upload to WU. no matter what i did WU did not recognize my station. Recently I put together a new computer with a faster processor. So I tried one more time and it went right thru. CWOP went right thru on the older computer but WU just wanted to test my patience i think.
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

anything