Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Atlas Tear-Down Photos

(1/9) > >>

nincehelser:
I'm taking apart my beta Atlas.  Here's what I have so far.  Note that production models could be different.

This is the bottom piece of the pagoda.  You can remove it with no tools.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

After removing the pagoda bottom, you can reach the temp/humidity module.  It can also be removed with no tools.

Note the slots in the "cage" that houses the SHT31 chip.  It has a fine mesh screen, apparently to keep out critters.

I imagine this is how Acurite would offer a replacement module.  I could get down to the actual chip by removing some small screws, but that seems to defeat the purpose of tool-free installation.

This is the pagoda middle.  It's all held together by three long screws.

This is the top tier of the pagoda, holding the aspiration fan (view from bottom).

This is also the top tier of the pagoda, but a view from the top.  Note the little plastic cap covering the motor.

To be continued...

nincehelser:
With the plastic cap removed you see the top of the motor.

Here is a close-up of the motor top.  Note the black material.  Initially I thought this was some sort of sticker I could peel off, but it seems to be some sort of soft potting-like material.  You can see some scrapes my screwdriver made when trying to peel it off.

The motor doesn't seem removable and is permanently mounted in the pagoda top.  Also, the wires don't have a plug in this section.  That makes this section hard to remove.  There is a plug to the main board, but the wires are still routed in such a way to make things difficult.

In short, this makes it really hard to replace the motor section.  A motor plug in the pagoda bay would make it feasible, though, but I wonder why they didn't do that like everything else.  Perhaps that's just because this is a beta unit?

nincehelser:
This is the battery bay with the 4 little screws removed.  Note the red lightning sensor module is installed.

This is the flip-side of the battery bay module.  Note all the wiring nicely labeled.  Marking of the receptacles is embossed in the plastic for easy identification.

Obviously the main board must be between the battery bay and this level.  I'll need to remove some more screws to show it (haven't done that yet).

Note the vertical plastic portion... that's probably to cover the antenna.

To be continued...

wase4711:
nice photos!

nincehelser:
Connector/Antenna side of main board.

Note "LIGHTNING MOD" is misspelled.  RECALL!!!!!  ;)

Component side of main board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version