Weather Software > Acurite Access Software

Acuparse - PHP/MySQL program to read and manage data from an Access/SmartHub

(1/4) > >>

maxtpower:
Acuparse currently reads data from a 5n1 via an Access/SmartHub. Work is in progress to also read the data from an Atlas as well.

For more details visit https://www.acuparse.com or browse the source code at https://github.com/acuparse/acuparse.

Bushman:
ETA on the Atlas reader?  And I think I am going to go your way  to fix my Feb/2019 problem-to-be.  :)

maxtpower:
Once I get my hands on the data string the Altas is using, I can add support. At the moment, there is no ETA.

vreihen:

--- Quote from: maxtpower on September 29, 2018, 02:14:28 PM ---Once I get my hands on the data string the Altas is using, I can add support. At the moment, there is no ETA.

--- End quote ---

I have not been paying attention to the Access and its limitations.  My understanding is that it only posts periodic summaries of the last several minutes to MyAcuRite, and the best hope for getting a near-realtime drop out of it is to tap the WU feed being sent by the Access.  Is this true?  If so, does parsing the WU feed require an Atlas to develop, or is it hardware-agnostic?????

maxtpower:

--- Quote from: vreihen on September 29, 2018, 04:14:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: maxtpower on September 29, 2018, 02:14:28 PM ---Once I get my hands on the data string the Altas is using, I can add support. At the moment, there is no ETA.

--- End quote ---

I have not been paying attention to the Access and its limitations.  My understanding is that it only posts periodic summaries of the last several minutes to MyAcuRite, and the best hope for getting a near-realtime drop out of it is to tap the WU feed being sent by the Access.  Is this true?  If so, does parsing the WU feed require an Atlas to develop, or is it hardware-agnostic?????

--- End quote ---
The Access is definitely limited when it comes to real-time updates. It only sends data to myacurite every 5 minutes. This would include the Atlas, 5N1, Towers, and others. I have not done any testing with the WU data. From what I know, it still sends data rapid fire. The WU data could be valuable but is limited to just the basic readings. It should be hardware-agnostic. I imagine if you have a 5N1 and an Atlas you would need to choose one.  It would also require a local DNS redirection to process.

This limitation is a big reason I'm holding off on the Atlas myself. I prefer having my updates rapid-fire via my SmartHub.

I am a huge proponent of Acurite moving the update time to 1-minute or allowing us a way to set this manually. There are of course huge server load and financial implications for them in terms of sending updates to myacurite. It would have to be a discussion between us developers/implementors and Acurite, something I highly doubt will ever happen. Personally, I would take a 1-minute update interval to my Acuparse server and never send update data to myacurite, or, send data every 5 minutes. I never use their site anyway.

Myacurite is great for off-the-shelf and novice users and is an outstanding service in itself. However, there really should be an avenue open for us users with more advanced requirements. Especially now, considering the cost of the Atlas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version