Weather Related Organizations > CWOP Forum

A short Dissertation On Quality control By Steve Dimse

<< < (3/5) > >>

C5250:

--- Quote from: WheatonRon on November 07, 2016, 09:27:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on November 07, 2016, 09:18:03 PM ---Humm! Only 128 F with a DP of 128...Heat index 476 F / 247 C.

--- End quote ---

Wow!! That is warm and muggy but CWOP and the NWS are posting that data on their respective websites!  Great news!

--- End quote ---

While this would be a clear example of something is obviously wrong; would you want CWOP to stop reporting your data because it didn't pass QC?

WheatonRon:

--- Quote from: C5250 on November 07, 2016, 11:42:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: WheatonRon on November 07, 2016, 09:27:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on November 07, 2016, 09:18:03 PM ---Humm! Only 128 F with a DP of 128...Heat index 476 F / 247 C.

--- End quote ---

Wow!! That is warm and muggy but CWOP and the NWS are posting that data on their respective websites!  Great news!

--- End quote ---

While this would be a clear example of something is obviously wrong; would you want CWOP to stop reporting your data because it didn't pass QC?

--- End quote ---

This is a difficult question to answer. When data is wrong, so bad, like this the data coming from this PWS, it should not be published on any Internet site.  I understand the difficulty in finding a line in the sand, but clearly this station has crossed it.

ValentineWeather:
As long as it was bad and not being flagged as bad because of someone else and is chronically reporting bad data I would want it removed from the data stream. Not a tough decision for me....

Thing I've ran into is QC isn't always reliable because truthfully they don't really pay much attention like the weather enthusiast reporting data does.

Old Tele man:

--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on November 08, 2016, 12:39:38 PM ---As long as it was bad and not being flagged as bad because of someone else and is chronically reporting bad data I would want it removed from the data stream. Not a tough decision for me....

Thing I've ran into is QC isn't always reliable because truthfully they don't really pay much attention like the weather enthusiast reporting data does.

--- End quote ---
"Personal Pride" is a wonderful thing, ain't it!

azchrisf:
I think another thing the CWOP and MADIS can do is offer the ability to specify unique conditions to a site. That would help the algorithms adjust in the long run IMHO, because it's not lumping everything into a "all or nothing" type analysis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version