Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 150329 times)

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:08 PM »
UPDATE:  Webster Weather Live is now called Burnsville Weather Live.  All current, past and new script updates will be hosted at the new site.

Alternative Dashboard version 6.21 is now available (Added Feature and Maintenance update to V6.10)!  Version 6.xx expands on a lot of sections and changes the look quite a bit at the top.  I made this version to fit my station so it may not be right for everyone.  Please look over the requirement and be sure to do a backup before trying to use it.  I suggest you already have cersion 5.xx running to use this or be pretty patient with making a lot of changes!

Whats New in 6.02?
Fixed bug in double degree symbol in last row.  Not a perfect fix but will look better.  No other fixes in version 6.02!
Whats New in 6.03?
Fixed bug in Moon Phase that caused it to show 1% all the time.  You need to update both ajax-dashboard6.php and ajaxWDwx.js if updating from version 6.0x
Whats New in 6.04?
Minor update to fix double degree in min dew point for the day, date format for some users on the station High/Low trend on the last row and added the ability to set Lightning and Snow on Row 3 to false and it will display "Coming Soon" and leave that section blank.
Whats New in 6.05?
Fixed yet another bug in the Moon Phase script thanks to Ken's new update for finding the moon phases (Ken True, Saratoga-weather.org).  You will need to only update your ajax-dashboard6.php and ajaxWDwx.js files if upgrading from version 6.03 or 6.04.
Whats New in 6.06?
Have modifed the ajaxWDwx.js to be up-to-date with Rainer's 9.13 release but with my additions for version 6.  The new file is now known as 3.03, a bit confusing but... (Rainer, www.bashewa.com)
Whats New in 6.07?
Fixed AQI no image if no reading found issue.  Fixed crazy intermittant issue where rain icon would show when below freezing and New Record High/Low would show when no record is reached thanks to all who helped find that one with me! Also fixed UV color word in the ajaxWDwx.js file again.  Updating from version 6.05 or later just needs ajax-dashboard6.php and ajaxWDwx.js (now known as Version 3.04) replaced.
Whats New in 6.08?
Fixed the php with the split() command being depreciated.  Changed the rain/snow icon to follow the wetbulb temp rather then just the set freezing value from the config file.  Changed how dates were formatted to what should be a more successful method for all date formats now. Fix issue with sun colum not formatting right if it is wider then originally created for.  Many other minor changes.  If updating from version 6.07 you just need to update the ajax-dashboard6.php file.
Whats New in 6.09?
Fixed an error introduced in Version 6.08 that may cause a preg_match function error.  If updating from 6.08 just replace the ajax-dashboard6.php file. This also effects the mobile dashboard version 1.00 and a release of version 1.02 of that has also been released.
Whats New in 6.10?
Added a fix for the UV Forecast that changes it to three icons rather then the words so it will no longer push the column too wide on the bigger words.  Also a minor addition to help with language translation.
Whats New in 6.20?
Added Solar Index Icons for the solar readings (Icons Included).  Several fixes to language support and added language support to several items missed in previous releases (UV and forecasts, etc).  Fixed issue with UV forcast at night being off a day (Thanks Jerry) and several other minor maintenance fixes.  If upgrading from version 6.10 you will need to add images, replace ajax-dashboard6.php and there is a new config file too.  Please make sure you back a backup copy of your old files before updating!
Whats New in 6.21?
Modifications for UV so values over 11 show correctly now.  Updates to Solar.

Requirements:
Updated and expanded AjaxWDwx.js file based on version 9.xx from Bashewa Weather
A few more testtags to add in
A new config file for Alt-Dashboard6

New Features:

New Temperature section with Large Temp, high/low and Station Records
New Current Conditions Section with Large views of Wind, Rain/snow and Current Conditions
Quick View Forecast at the top with Fire Danger under the forecast
Expanded Liquid Precipitation section with auto breakout of storm readings when raining
3rd row center can be either Lightning or Snow.  Snow can be set to auto change based on settings
4th row now shows Almanac always
4th row Irrigation Index can optionally become Snow
many other added readings and layout changes

27-JUN-11 - Download Version 6.21 HERE:
www.burnsvilleweatherlive.com/wxScripts.php

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:12:12 AM by BurnsvilleWeather »
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline vossen

• Indian Ocean Current Weather Information
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.02
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:54:38 PM »
thank you very much WebsterWeather!
i still run version 6.1 and i changed the look a little bit.
as i always loved this thermometer in a dashboard.
http://weer-mauritius.info-mauritius.com/

i only see some translation problems, but i really like your dashboard.
thanks again
regards
stefan
p.s. i till work on the website, it's not final.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »
thank you very much WebsterWeather!
i still run version 6.1 and i changed the look a little bit.
as i always loved this thermometer in a dashboard.
http://weer-mauritius.info-mauritius.com/

Hey Stefan

Your page looks great!  Just a suggestion... if you make the text smaller in the forecast section at the bottom it won't push that section of the grid out so far.  But it make make it a bit harder to read.  Also, version 6.02 fixes the double degree symbols in the temp history section on the bottom row.

Looking very good though!

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline jahuff

• johnsnhweather
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:34:44 PM »
Hi Scott,

I seem to be having an issue with snow depth at www.johnsnhweather.com

The correct snow depth is 5.5 in.

Do I have something setup wrong?

Thanks,

John

Scott I fixed my own problem I had entered 5..50 in WD.

Thanks for the great script.

John
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:42:06 PM by jahuff »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »
Hi Scott,

I seem to be having an issue with snow depth at www.johnsnhweather.com

The correct snow depth is 5.5 in.

Do I have something setup wrong?

Thanks,

John

Scott I fixed my own problem I had entered 5..50 in WD.

Thanks for the great script.

John

Glad it's working for you!  I've done that myself!

Scott

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
Hi Scott,

Searched out your fix for the double degree as I have a few customizations that get messed up if I upload updates without going through them all!! Great work on this, thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Jack

Offline vossen

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »
Hey Stefan

Your page looks great!  Just a suggestion... if you make the text smaller in the forecast section at the bottom it won't push that section of the grid out so far.  But it make make it a bit harder to read.  Also, version 6.02 fixes the double degree symbols in the temp history section on the bottom row.

Looking very good though!

Scott

Scott thanks,
as i like to translate the webpage in more language later, i will see what text size is the best, to small is not good to.

as by Jack, could you tell us, what have been changed to remove the double degree symbols.

and last question, do the 6.02 version works with the tag, how many sun hours per day?

best regards
stefan

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »
Hi Scott,

Searched out your fix for the double degree as I have a few customizations that get messed up if I upload updates without going through them all!! Great work on this, thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Jack

In the fix_record function:

//     return Array($rtemp,$rdate);
     return "$rtemp$Dunit<br />$rdate";

The return line is what has changed to $Dunit from UoM

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:04 AM »
Scott thanks,
as i like to translate the webpage in more language later, i will see what text size is the best, to small is not good to.as by Jack, could you tell us, what have been changed to remove the double degree symbols.
and last question, do the 6.02 version works with the tag, how many sun hours per day?

The sun hours per day is part of the code, it should display after the sun goes down as sun for the day.

Scott

Offline Bub

• Duggleby Weather Station
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
Hi All,

Greetings from a very cold UK ...

I know that 602 is based on the US template - but does anyone have it running in the UK ?

I use the original here :- www.dugglenet.org and have a 25% working version of 602 here :- www.dugglenet.org/ajax6.php

Some if it's working, but most of the images from /images and /ajax-images aren't loading. The script is looking in the root for the folders - but I'm certain I changed them to the correct locations in the scripts.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'd love to use this brilliant enhancement to the script on my site.

Many Thanks, Simon.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 07:44:06 AM »
Hi All,

Greetings from a very cold UK ...

I know that 602 is based on the US template - but does anyone have it running in the UK ?

I use the original here :- www.dugglenet.org and have a 25% working version of 602 here :- www.dugglenet.org/ajax6.php

Some if it's working, but most of the images from /images and /ajax-images aren't loading. The script is looking in the root for the folders - but I'm certain I changed them to the correct locations in the scripts.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'd love to use this brilliant enhancement to the script on my site.

Many Thanks, Simon.

Simon,

It looks like the images are mostly all there, but you apprear to be missing a lot of the new testtags.  Also the formatting of the script is for fixed width sites so it might be a bit off on stretching width sites.

Scott

Offline Bub

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 07:52:07 AM »
Hi Scott,

Yes, I agree about the stretched sides, it's just because I made a mostly unformatted page in order to get it working correctly before attempting to put it into my 'real' pages.

I've definately added the new testtags so I don't know what's gone wrong there. Also, the Almanac works on my main frontpage which uses the un-modded ajax dashboard - so I have no idea why it's not getting populated with data - as they share the same files ...

Regards, Simon

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »
Hi Scott,

Yes, I agree about the stretched sides, it's just because I made a mostly unformatted page in order to get it working correctly before attempting to put it into my 'real' pages.

I've definately added the new testtags so I don't know what's gone wrong there. Also, the Almanac works on my main frontpage which uses the un-modded ajax dashboard - so I have no idea why it's not getting populated with data - as they share the same files ...

Regards, Simon

Are you using two separate config files?  The version 6 one is different then version 5's

Offline Bub

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 02:29:07 AM »
Erm, perhaps not ... I'm using the files which came in the archive - I didn't see a separate config file in there ?

Probably just me being dumb - can you send me an example please ?

Many Thanks, Simon

Offline Bub

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 05:28:14 AM »
Hi Scott,

I've made a new page (in order to get the layout right) and I'm close to getting it working I think .... but there are definately missing tags ...

http://www.dugglenet.org/ajaxtest.php

My testtags is attached. I'm guessing it's something very obvious ;-)

Any help much appreciated !

Kind Regards, Simon

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
Hi Scott,

I've made a new page (in order to get the layout right) and I'm close to getting it working I think .... but there are definately missing tags ...

http://www.dugglenet.org/ajaxtest.php

My testtags is attached. I'm guessing it's something very obvious ;-)

Any help much appreciated !

Kind Regards, Simon

Simon,

When I look at the testtags.php, it ends in mid file here:

// 
// 
$cloudheightfeet =  '1037';   // Estimated cl

Please send me your testtags.txt or look for a problem at that point in the file.

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »
Erm, perhaps not ... I'm using the files which came in the archive - I didn't see a separate config file in there ?

Probably just me being dumb - can you send me an example please ?

Many Thanks, Simon

Re-download the archive file for the full set of change but here is the version 6 config (rename back to .php).

Scott

Offline Bub

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 04:20:13 AM »
Hi,

Testags.txt and it's output Testtags.php.txt both attached.

The missing information eg. the almanac definately works in my original dashboard - therefore the testtags info and clientraw etc would seem to be okay.

I'm completely stumped by this one ...

Regards, Simon

Offline Bub

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »
Scott,

I just had a thought, can you send me your testtags.php - I'll put it on the server and see if the dashboard gets populated - that way we'll know if it's testtags or something else which is wrong.

I also wondered if the US date/time format might be the problem ... a lot of the missing parameters are time related.

...Simon

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »
Hi,

Testags.txt and it's output Testtags.php.txt both attached.

The missing information eg. the almanac definately works in my original dashboard - therefore the testtags info and clientraw etc would seem to be okay.

I'm completely stumped by this one ...

Regards, Simon

Simon,

I can tell you for sure you don't have the added version 5 or 6 tags in the test tags file.  There is a text file with them in it in the download file.  I'll look more when I get home from work but unless you merged them in higher in the file, it's missing at least that.

Scott

Offline Bub

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
They're higher up after General OR Non Weather Specific/SUN/MOON.

I've been looking through the script for both the original dashboard and v6 and (using the almanac as an example) the code appears to be the same so it's very odd that one works and the other doesnt ...

Thank you for your continued help !

Simon

Offline vossen

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 08:03:30 AM »

In the fix_record function:

//     return Array($rtemp,$rdate);
     return "$rtemp$Dunit<br />$rdate";

The return line is what has changed to $Dunit from UoM
thank you very much WebsterWeather, that did the job :)

i would have 3 more questions  :oops:

!) Lightning Strikes or Snow, i have no senor for snow or lightning, how i could remove it or add something else in it?

2) i get by Station All Time Records strange year (1970) http://www.weer-mauritius.info-mauritius.com/ why this?

3) there is a tag searchouttext (!? not on hand right now, but i will look for it later), how i could add this one?
best regards
stefan

Offline dw1373

• Gig Harbor Weather
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Hi Scott,

I'm trying to implement the new version to my site. I'm running into an issue that I can't seem to wrap my hands on.

The error I am getting is "Fatal error: Call to undefined function langtransstr() in /home2/gigharb1/public_html/ajax-dashboard6.php on line 329"

I'm setting this up on a test page to work the bugs out before I move it to production. You can find it on http://www.gigharborweather.com/wxindex2.php

I think I'm getting tunnel vision.  ](*,)

Thanks

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 05:28:58 PM »
 dw1373

Try putting this in the function area of the ajaxdashboard6 file.

Code: [Select]
function langtransstr($word) {
   return $word;
}

function langtrans($word) {
   echo $word;
}

Jack

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »
dw1373

Try putting this in the function area of the ajaxdashboard6 file.

Code: [Select]
function langtransstr($word) {
   return $word;
}

function langtrans($word) {
   echo $word;
}

Jack

It's already in the script, you just need to uncomment it.
  (it's at the very end of the script)
Scott

anything