Author Topic: Pay Attention to Road Closed Signs, Folks  (Read 591 times)

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
Pay Attention to Road Closed Signs, Folks
« on: August 08, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
My friend in the hat is in the video.  I live near there and frequently drive on that street.   But wasn't tempted to go ahead and disobey the sign. 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-CsDTPCtA[/youtube]

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Pay Attention to Road Closed Signs, Folks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
It should be more clear by saying Northbound closed or Westbound closed (or whatever direction it is).

It should also have a warning to not cross double yellow....oh wait there is no double yellow! This is BS. I'd fight it.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 04:54:27 PM »
too unclear.. I would fight it too.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »
That's horse crap. Too ambiguous with only one lane closed. And I like the fact that a worker says he almost got hit, then you see a cop car speeding by like it's impossible for him to hit anyone just because it's a cop car, and no, he didn't have his siren on. :roll:

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »
Agree all they had to do is move the closed sign into the other lane so there was no possible confusion.
Randy

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 07:56:12 PM »
My DW worked for over 10 years doing flagging for utility repair crews, and being in a marked construction zone is a dangerous job!  She lost three co-workers during that time to careless driver accidents, and can give you a 3-hour speech about idiot drivers that sent the crews diving because they were talking/texting on their phones and not watching the road.  One woman almost ran her over, stopped, and yelled at her for not being more visible.  Let's see, standing in the middle of the road, work zone signs and cones set up, holding a 10-foot tall stop sign, wearing a lime yellow jacket with an orange safety vest and hard hat on top.  Time to get your glasses checked!

Hang up and drive.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 08:40:34 PM »
Hang up and drive.....
Could not agree more, however that has nothing to do with this deceit. AFAIC, this is a pure revenue generating tactic. They intentionally leave one lane open so drivers are lead to believe the sign is merely meant for that particular lane. Seriously, over 120 tickets and $19,000 in revenue? There's no way there's that many scofflaws. Guarantee if I was ticketed, I see them in court, and bet I'd win as the law is "what would a reasonable person do." I think over 120 people make that point succinctly.