Author Topic: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.  (Read 57546 times)

Offline wxthomson

• http://www.minnetonkaweather.com
Re: Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2020, 09:53:29 PM »
Sorry wxthomson... the above post is not acceptable content.  A: political. B: personally defaming/denigrating.

Refrain from such posts in the future or be banned.

I was commenting on post#211 regarding politics

I find post#211 unacceptable comment

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2020, 10:05:55 PM »
Ahhh... sorry, the garbled quotes made me attribute the poster incorrectly.  I apologize for the error.

@SnowHiker is the guilty party:

"America sneezes and the rest of the world catches a cold."
that has not been the case for a few years now, as China has stepped up for trade etc in its place (and China is now recovering from this virus and are getting back to work after a 2 month  brutal lock down )
Oh, so that's what you have against Trump!  He's trying to get away from being reliant on the communist regime that you love and look up to!  Now I understand.  If only the US would handle the virus in the same thoroughly competent way China did.  :shock:  :roll:

Well, maybe I still don't fully understand why you have such strong feelings about what Trump is doing or saying as it doesn't affect you.  After all I don't even have a clue about what your president, prime minister, chief, or whatever is doing; or even what his/her/its name is because it really doesn't affect me.  nz sneezes and no one even hears.  :-(

SnowHiker: the above post is not acceptable content.  A: political. B: personally defaming/denigrating.

Refrain from such posts in the future or be banned.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2020, 10:07:47 PM »
Yes, GOD FORBID we have a civil, intelligent conversation about the most crucial moment in our, our children, and our children's children's lives since October of 1962. :roll: Like it or not, blame is to be reckoned with.

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »
Civil, intelligent conversation is encouraged.  Political speech and personal denigration is not.  Easy to separate out.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2020, 02:54:13 AM »
Waiukuweather started the political attack on our President.  Taking the MSM talking points and regurgitating its offensive relentless lies and attacks to me and others that believe our president is doing a bang-up job is extremely offensive to those supporting our president. 

Civil, intelligent conversation is encouraged.  Political speech and personal denigration is not.  Easy to separate out.

why is Trump talking about wanting americans to go back to work and scaling back solcial distancing already?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:04:43 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Forecaster
    • test site
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2020, 03:12:29 AM »
why is Trump talking about wanting americans to go back to work and scaling back solcial distancing already?
As an 'alien' having seen and heard the gentleman's statements on reliable news media, this seems to be a reasonable question  :?

Not a poison arrow to warrant xenophobic rhetoric  :roll:
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:22 AM »
I was offended and bit my lip because it was a media hate Trump talking point the rest of the world gets fed daily and taken out of context as usual of what was actually being said about the timeline to get the nation moving again. He's our President if he wants parts of the nation to get moving I say great and support his decision.
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2020, 04:05:57 AM »
I was offended and bit my lip because it was a media hate Trump talking point the rest of the world gets fed daily and taken out of context as usual of what was actually being said about the timeline to get the nation moving again. He's our President if he wants parts of the nation to get moving I say great and support his decision.
=D>

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2020, 06:06:26 AM »
As an 'alien' having seen and heard the gentleman's statements on reliable news media, this seems to be a reasonable question  :?

Not a poison arrow to warrant xenophobic rhetoric  :roll:
To reiterate: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=38990.msg401658#msg401658

Just when is it permissible in your esteemed (sorry, got carried away :oops:) view to discuss such things?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:17:16 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:09 AM »
Fellow Nebraskans I've been in contact with DHHS about building an interactive map to help follow the spread so we can take extra precaution and they came through.

https://nebraska.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4213f719a45647bc873ffb58783ffef3
Randy

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2020, 07:42:53 AM »
Great job, Randy.  Thanks for pursuing this! =D> \:D/ =D>
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2020, 08:09:29 AM »
Fauci said that even if covid-19 subsides with warm weather it will most likely be back next near because the flu season is just beginning in the S. Hemisphere. Hopefully we will have a vaccine by then.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2020, 08:43:28 AM »

Me too. UU

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2020, 08:46:12 AM »
Fellow Nebraskans I've been in contact with DHHS about building an interactive map to help follow the spread so we can take extra precaution and they came through.

Not criticising the principle at all, but doesn't that tell you where the threat was 5-10 days ago rather than where it is now? One of the problems with viral diseases like COVID is that it's being actively spread before the sufferers realise that they're significantly sick, let alone hospitalised or tested.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2020, 08:53:38 AM »
It will be a "very well done" to your President, if he can do that in the time period his video interviews indicate he is aiming for.

While the perspective of the link below is clearly about Australia, the global infection information, provided by various countries including the US, is what is causing people to have questions about whether the time frames being aimed for by your President are realistic given the actions and outcomes elsewhere. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/coronavirus-covid19-global-spread-data-explained/12089028

P.S. That ABC is the Australian Broadcasting Commission, not the American Broadcasting Company
“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2020, 08:56:30 AM »
Please refrain from pointing fingers in the thread. If you see a problem then use the "Report to moderator" link on the message and it will get handled.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »

Not criticising the principle at all, but doesn't that tell you where the threat was 5-10 days ago rather than where it is now? One of the problems with viral diseases like COVID is that it's being actively spread before the sufferers realise that they're significantly sick, let alone hospitalised or tested.

We need to know what areas the virus is spreading no matter how old the information is so we can be more diligent in preventing spread.  I see no advantage in being blind and having no information at all? 
Randy

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2020, 09:23:40 AM »
If we don't get the country back to work as soon as possible in a couple of months the news ticker on Fox News won't be a coronavirus update but rather all about food shortages due to supple line disruptions. People think it's bad now just wait until everyone starts getting hungry.

Doug

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
Just because someone doesn't agree with something, or the way it's stated, doesn't make it "xenophobic", "racist", "hateful", or whatever.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
Just because someone doesn't agree with something, or the way it's stated, doesn't make it "xenophobic", "racist", "hateful", or whatever.

Haven't you read the playbook yet? It's always the same.  [-X   :grin:
Randy

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
Haven't you read the playbook yet? It's always the same.  [-X   :grin:

You're just trying to egg me on to get me banned.  :lol:

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »
 :lol: :lol:
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2020, 03:53:43 PM »
Trying to contact the bank in regards to mortgage help.
Waited on hold yesterday for over 2 hours. On hold as I write this for 2 hours today.  :evil:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2020, 05:37:37 PM »
the USA now has the most cases of anywhere in the world now
(which means though lots of testing is been done which is good)
(although the chinese data is very suspicious)
deaths numbers are also increasing exponentially too in the USA
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:54:53 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »
I just saw the most mind-blowing stupid 21 year old "women" that licked the toilet seat on an airplane being interviewed on Dr. Phil. Mind....Blowing....Stupid... If that what this generation is bringing to the table the next 30 years, we're doomed as a country. Forget the virus.

anything