Author Topic: New skycam and birdcam  (Read 3289 times)

jwyman

New skycam and birdcam
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »
Well All,
  Just got my 2 Logitech Pro 9000 cams outside. One is now shoing a sky view and the other is showing a bird feeder. MUch, MUCH clearer now that they are outside.... Now for enclosures.....

Jim

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
Re: New skycam and birdcam
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
Very nice.  :-) I want to create a feeder cam myself. How far is the camera from the feeder?
Bill

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
Very nice.  :-) I want to create a feeder cam myself. How far is the camera from the feeder?

We built a large shed type feeder and then mounted a camera right outside the right end, looking through a hole in the wall.

Before spring, I'm going to do the same thing with one of our bluebird houses, complete with lighting.

blackjack52

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
Well All,
  Just got my 2 Logitech Pro 9000 cams outside. One is now shoing a sky view and the other is showing a bird feeder. MUch, MUCH clearer now that they are outside.... Now for enclosures.....

Jim

Very nice Jim.  Maybe look into dome enclosures.  There are good deals around.

jwyman

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »
MalAlWx,
 Dome? Where can you find those?

Floodcaster, the camera is about 1 1/2 - 2 ft away from the feeder...... Already getting some nice shots...  \:D/

Jim
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:34:06 PM by jwyman »

blackjack52

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 03:41:21 PM »
Jim,
http://www.apexcctv.com/c-60-housings-mounts.aspx

I purch my entire setup from here.  Use dome for PTZ and box for others.  Great cust/tech support, even before you buy.

Offline Traj

• Weather is for the birds.
    • Woonsocket Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:56:49 PM »

We built a large shed type feeder and then mounted a camera right outside the right end, looking through a hole in the wall.

Before spring, I'm going to do the same thing with one of our bluebird houses, complete with lighting.

Hiya Jim,

I also have cameras set up for our birds.  In the spring, I activate my birdhouse cameras.  It's really interesting seeing the eggs hatch and the chicks grow up to fledge.  My bird site is:
http://birdhousecam.net

Regards,

Traj

anything