Author Topic: 6086M doesn't reconnect to Wunderground  (Read 1183 times)

Offline MakiZushi

6086M doesn't reconnect to Wunderground
« on: October 12, 2021, 01:15:30 PM »
I have an AcuRite Iris 5-in-1 that came with a 6086M display. Every time the power goes out, it will reconnect to the internet, but be offline to Wunderground indefinitely unless I reset the display (thus losing all my data). I've tried re-entering the Wi-Fi password and station ID, and also deleting and re-adding the device in Wunderground (and changing the AcuRite settings accordingly), but nothing I do short of resetting seems to make it reconnect.

Anyone have any other ideas how to get it back online without resetting?

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: 6086M doesn't reconnect to Wunderground
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »
Try asking AcuRite via their Facebook page or email support@chaney-inst.com.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline wbnethery3

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 04:43:37 PM »
Have been having a very similar issue... my base unit would occasionally stop reporting to WU, as though it were offline. However, it would appear to be connected to wifi (could even see it from my device manager on my router) but it wasn't reporting to my station ID on WeatherUnderground. Until Oct. 4, I was always able to resolve by connecting to the browser splash page on the device and re-entering my credentials (which were already showing in the splash page). Since Oct. 4, I have been completely unsuccessful at re-establishing a connection to WU (even after resetting). This is very frustrating and driving me to likely purchase a different weather station.... would love to salvage this one, but it's just too buggy.

Offline deeplakes

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 01:21:30 PM »
Class action lawsuit anyone?

They are still selling these and they know full well they don't work properly

Offline wbnethery3

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 07:46:55 AM »
Well, I took @worachj advice (actually used both avenues to cover my bases) and am pleased to say that they are sending me a replacement base unit at no charge. Here is the text of their response to my complaint:

I see that you have the model #06086 Wi-Fi display unit that has stopped streaming to Weather Underground. Your display will no longer be able to send data to Weather Underground due to a recent update to their protocols. Your existing display will continue to function as a normal, standalone display for viewing data locally. We would like to send you a replacement display with the updated Weather Underground protocol that will allow you to continue streaming your data online to Weather Underground. The display I would like to offer you is model 06088. You can find that at the link below. Please provide a copy of your proof of purchase and verify your address and phone number for the replacement.

My unit was a gift nearly 2 years ago... when I told them I wasn't sure I could provide a proof of purchase, they said that as "a one-time courtesy" they would waive that requirement. What I took from that is "we have been getting so many complaints about this and know it's an issue, we're just sending you one to shut you up". With the exception of the connectivity to WU, I have had zero complaints about this weather station... so I'm going to see how this goes.

Offline jgbell

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 11:14:11 AM »
Thanks to the suggestions above I contacted Acurite and they promptly provided a new console that works with WU.

anything