Author Topic: Adding Soil moisture and Temperature sensor to existing setup  (Read 361 times)

Offline dorsetbred

Hi
I have read various topics, but I can't seem to find help that I am looking for, so bear with, if this is a stupid question.
I have the following setup:
> Davis VP2+ current ID#1
> Davis Sensor with the Anenmometer attached to this unit ID#3
> Davis Soil Moisture / temperature station with the following attached: (ID#6)
>> Temperature probe for soil temperature (on temp input 1)
>> Temperature probe for grass temperature (on temp input 2)
>> Soil moisture probe (on mositure input 1)

So here's my problem, on the console, I can only see STATION NO: 1, 3, 5, 6 on the receiving from, but I can't read from the grass temp probe or the soil moisture probe.
On the console I have set the following:
STATION NO:
1 > ISS
2> OFF
3> WIND
4> OFF
5> SOIL
6> SOIL
7> OFF
8> OFF

What does the receiving from identify mean, as I can't understand where ID#5 is, but I set it to SOIL, just in case.?
What do I need to set to read from the grass temperture probe and the soil mosture probe?
Should I have one of the these ID's set to to the soil temperature?

Apologies but I can't find this explained anywhere, and can't figure the relationship, of ID# to the receiving channel on the console when there are three devices to the single ID#6, AND where does ID#5 come from, in this config?
Sorry it is long winded, but I've been strggling with this for a few days now, and would really appreciate some thoughts.

Many Thanks
Db

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:38:16 AM by dorsetbred »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Adding Soil moisture and Temperature sensor to existing setup
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 11:16:56 AM »
Only glanced quickly, but why isn't ID5 set to OFF? Otherwise should be good, just a question then of locating the relevant 6345 temp values on the console display, if that's what you're after.

6345 is a multi-sensor transmitter, just like an ISS - one ID should receive all installed sensors on the 6345.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:19:20 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dorsetbred

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 11:37:05 AM »
Only glanced quickly, but why isn't ID5 set to OFF? Otherwise should be good, just a question then of locating the relevant 6345 temp values on the console display, if that's what you're after.

6345 is a multi-sensor transmitter, just like an ISS - one ID should receive all installed sensors on the 6345.
John
Thanks for the pointer, I'll give it a go.
Best regards
Db
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:38:58 AM by dorsetbred »

Offline dorsetbred

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 02:01:21 PM »
John
Thanks for the pointer, things are looking more as they should now, with the data being received.
Appreciate the help
Many Thanks
Db