Author Topic: Automatic Update  (Read 533 times)

Offline JECO

Automatic Update
« on: February 23, 2022, 10:57:40 AM »
I have used the weatherlink software to record my climatological data since 2007. I relocated my station in October. Lo and behold, when checking my monthly data summaries, they were missing! Four months of data lost.
      Come to find out accidentally, my auto download settings were all unchecked. I had thought auto download was automatic and don't ever remember having to choose a time interval in the past. The data are being uploaded now.
       Anyway, for what it is worth. Be sure you configure the auto download setting if you need to relocate your station.
       By the way, I sure hope Davis never abandons the PC version of the Weatherllink software. The climate data is an invaluable resource.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Automatic Update
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 12:38:48 PM »
I know that the PC version has been bashed for it's retro look I run it alongside other programs (thanks to VVPro). I have even seen a comment that since it is not being updated it is obsolete and should not be be used. I use it for the climate data as well. Also I like the midnight spanning rain total indication. Rather than treating a storm as two separate events divided by midnight, you get a storm total easily visible on the onscreen graph. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 12:41:00 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 12:54:45 PM »
By the way, I sure hope Davis never abandons the PC version of the Weatherllink software.

Not really sure what you mean? Davis have already (for some years) ceased any further development of Weatherlink for Windows, so in that sense it is already abandoned. If there were to be a future version of Windows in the next 2-3 years that for some wasn't compatible with WLfW (but I don't think that's a very likely scenario) then I guess Davis would need to decide whether developing a compatible version was something they wanted to do or not.

But WLfW obviously still remains downloadable from Davis. And even if that option were to be turned off then there's many thousands of copies of the software out there, one of which would almost certainly turn up on some other download platform. So in that sense it's difficult to see it being abandoned more generally.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 06:05:47 PM »
I have 19 years of data on WL. Just turn it on once a week to download and shut it back down. As the software aged it started acting funny and weird data would pop up. Best to keep it on the down low untill I have to research some climate data.

anything