Author Topic: ReoLink RLC-510WA to ambient weather  (Read 767 times)

Offline KC3SOZ

ReoLink RLC-510WA to ambient weather
« on: February 05, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
Hello all, Currently have an Ambient weather station that I am trying to connect my Reolink camera too. 

short back story, I bought the camera to use the time-lapse feature, which I use daily using the reolink app.  i would like to connect it to my weather station, and produce still images. 

i had it connected through ambient weather a few months ago and it would once and a while give a "half image".  basically on my weather dashboard I could see about 1/3 of the image, and it would never update, it would show this 1/3 image for what seemed like weeks.

i ended up deleting the camera from ambient weather,  but I thought about giving it another shot, and I am reaching out here for some help.

i have followed the instructions on this page https://ambientweather.com/faqs/question/view/id/2034/
double and triple-checked my FTP settings.

I still have no luck.

one thing to mention.  my camera and my weather station are on two different wifi connections. My camera is on my garage, and my weather station is in my basement shack.  i use an wifi extender in my garage.  i have the reolink client on my computer in the garage, on the same network as the camera. 

Thanks for the help.
J

anything