Author Topic: Here comes THIS garbage again...  (Read 3460 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Here comes THIS garbage again...
« on: December 22, 2021, 06:26:36 PM »
I don't believe I've ever been "shunned" before. Woe is me.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/masking-holidays-christmas-governments-covid-coronavirus

Which begs a replay of this!

https://www.bitchute.com/embed/jmhDF6uQ3yXH/

Merry Christmas!

Offline Splitrail

Re: Here comes THIS garbage again...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 09:14:00 PM »
Is this what they mean by "unifying"?

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 09:18:11 PM »
Which begs a replay of this!
I thought that was a great parody, and I quite like this one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHZxOpKJ85I
“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 10:08:10 PM »
Enjoy your ENDLESS lock downs and ENDLESS boosters as well!! Gotcha right were they wantcha... :twisted:

Offline Splitrail

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 10:37:17 PM »
Yep, in your basement, waiting for the mail-in ballot they're sending you. :roll:

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 11:33:56 PM »
Enjoy your ENDLESS lock downs and ENDLESS boosters as well!! Gotcha right were they wantcha...
:grin: I thought the Dr Fauci parody was really funny and not to be taken seriously.

However, It appears that the one I put up upset you more than a tad - was it too close to the bone to be funny?

Your "ENDLESS lock downs" was a dead give away that you don't know where I live and what happened here.  As a result, I eagerly look forward to hearing what you think that " Gotcha right where they wantcha." actually means.

“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 12:06:35 AM »
I will not pander to your "supposed" naivete other than to say Americans have HAD IT with this BS, just like so much of the rest of the world has as well. If you like what your government is doing, by all means, keep your government. Here...we're DONE!

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2021, 12:46:08 AM »
I will not pander to your "supposed" naivete other than to say Americans have HAD IT with this BS, just like so much of the rest of the world has as well. If you like what your government is doing, by all means, keep your government. Here...we're DONE!
Some much anger coming because I said "I thought that was a great parody, and I quite like this one as well." and provided a link to another parody.

Perhaps a good thing you are "DONE!" or you may have ended up busting your fufu valve.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2021, 09:38:17 AM »
Gosh guys, I thought this was the season of good cheer? - oh well. Here in TX we're doing just fine, healthy happy and maskless. Here's hoping the grinches won't kill the spirit of Christmas and they fail to con too many people into being politically obedient by wearing face diapers.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »
Well it is Festivus (for the rest of us). Is this the Airing of the Grievances part ? 😄
Can't wait for The Feats of Strength ! 😂

(Seinfeld TV Show)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 10:08:04 AM »
(Internet joke) - England and Europe has issued a reminder to all Americans abroad. Signs saying "Social Distancing 2 M" means 2 meters or 6 feet Not 2 miles... all Americans are asked to stop hiding out in the countryside... 😂

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Well it is Festivus (for the rest of us). Is this the Airing of the Grievances part ? 😄
Can't wait for The Feats of Strength ! 😂

(Seinfeld TV Show)

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 04:25:35 PM »
Gosh guys, I thought this was the season of good cheer? - oh well. Here in TX we're doing just fine, healthy happy and maskless. Here's hoping the grinches won't kill the spirit of Christmas and they fail to con too many people into being politically obedient by wearing face diapers.
I found both the original parody and the one I put up parodying the opposing view quite funny. However, it appears that to some it can't be funny unless it supports their view.

Now, it's the season of good cheer, unless someone makes a decision that isn't their decision, If so they are "falling for the con", "politically obedient" and wearing "face diapers", rather than just doing something that has no effect on the people who choose not to.

This has been an enlightening thread.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 05:13:55 PM »
Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash., an’ Kalamazoo!
Nora’s freezin’ on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo!

Don’t we know archaic barrel
Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don’t love Harold,
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Polly wolly cracker ‘n’ too-da-loo!
Donkey Bonny brays a carol,
Antelope Cantaloupe, ‘lope with you!

Hunky Dory’s pop is lolly,
Gaggin’ on the wagon, Willy, folly go through!
Chollie’s collie barks at Barrow,
Harum scarum five alarm bung-a-loo!

Dunk us all in bowls of barley,
Hinky dinky dink an’ polly voo!
Chilly Filly’s name is Chollie,
Chollie Filly’s jolly chilly view halloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Double-bubble, toyland trouble! Woof, woof, woof!
Tizzy seas on melon collie!
Dibble-dabble, scribble-scrabble! Goof, goof, goof!

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2021, 11:32:50 PM »
Do it, dont do it, its your choice, your life.

I am fully vaccinated and boostered, i wanted to do my part to help our healthcare system, this virus isn't going away any time soon and if me taking the shots prevents me from infecting and killing just 1 person, it was worth it, in my eyes.
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2021, 12:27:32 AM »
if me taking the shots prevents me from infecting and killing just 1 person, it was worth it, in my eyes.
Although I applaud your altruistic effort, herein lies the problem of world governments not passing along factual information for motives of control. The "vaccine(s)", and it's boosters, and all that will follow, do NOT prevent you from passing it along to someone else. This is unequivocal fact, and has and is being proven everyday with fully vaxed people infecting others, and getting the virus once again themselves. Not only, case in point, many think since they're "fully protected", in their eyes they can't pass it along, when if fact, you absolutely can.

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2021, 01:34:26 AM »
if me taking the shots prevents me from infecting and killing just 1 person, it was worth it, in my eyes.
Although I applaud your altruistic effort, herein lies the problem of world governments not passing along factual information for motives of control. The "vaccine(s)", and it's boosters, and all that will follow, do NOT prevent you from passing it along to someone else. This is unequivocal fact, and has and is being proven everyday with fully vaxed people infecting others, and getting the virus once again themselves. Not only, case in point, many think since they're "fully protected", in their eyes they can't pass it along, when if fact, you absolutely can.
There is perhaps a misunderstanding about what vaccines do in total. No vaccine has every been totally 100% effective in preventing infection - also some like the Polio got close with about 99% after 3 or 4 shots.

However, if the vaccine is only 70% effective, only 3 out of 10 that would have been infected will be infected (if they are all vaccinated). This is good for everyone because instead of 10 people being infectious, it will be only 3. Without vaccination, the 10 will people will each infect, say, 5 people, giving 50 infected. With vaccination, the 3 infected people will only infect about 5 (3x5x0.3) people. There is a community benefit if people get vaccinated, even if the vaccine is not 100% effective.

This is where the second part of the vaccines come in. Even if the antibodies fail, the T-cells also play a part in destroying infected call and it is clear that the severity of infections is on-average reduced with vaccinated people. According to a study there was a 94% reduction in hospitalisations for infected, but vaccinated, patients. Let's be pessimistic and say 50% for ease of calculation. I don't know the exact  hospitalisation rates, so let's just pick an equal number of vaccinated and unvaccinated patients that would have been hospitalised, say 100. In this case of the vaccinated patients that only be about 50 in hospital.

Forgetting the COVID patients for a minute, what does that mean to all those other people who need the hospital for other things. Staff will be pulled away from other duties and the first think to start drying up will be elective surgery and other procedures involving reduced immune responses like chemo, etc. The draw-down will be compounded because increased infection control will be needed. Best for everyone to keep hospitalisations as low as possible for everyone.

So, Bashy you can certainly feel good about what you have done.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2021, 02:14:19 AM »
Enjoy your ENDLESS lock downs and ENDLESS boosters as well!! Gotcha right were they wantcha... :twisted:

Don't worry.  My town and much of the rest of the nation discovered from 2020 that shutdowns and required mask wear did more harm to the economy and mental wellbeing than it was worth.  Last summer, when the delta variant filled the ICU at the local hospital, Stillwater did not restore mask wear requirements or other restrictions.  In September, OSU's McKnight Center for the Performing Arts decided to reopen for concerts after being closed since March 2020.  In October, the big concert was for Tim McGraw.  It was a total sellout of 1100 seats.  Mask wear was not required.  Only a small minority in the audience were wearing them.   This even though the hospital's ICU was full several days before. 8 out of 11 patients in there for covid.   After close to two years of it, I think most people have concluded there isn't too much to worry about covid, unless they are in less than good health.  It's good that the current variant, Omicron, is believed not be as severe.

Tim McGraw at his Oct. 11 concert in Stillwater:

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2021, 02:51:00 AM »
I just want to point out one thing, i didn't diss anyone for their beliefs, i didn't pick apart why i feel you are wrong in that belief, why? because its your life, its up to you, sadly though, its not just about you, its about your family and friends and their family and friends and so on.

As for lockdowns, they play a VERY important role on 2 fronts, 1, they reduce the strain on the emergency services and health care systems and 2, they reduce the spread tenfold, but then that only works if people follow them, same with the masks, they are not there to hide the ugly people, they reduce the spread, and whilst i misspoke re not killing 1 person, that was actually with regards to following the guidelines, masks, 2 meters apart and so on.

If i can help reduce the strain on the systems, that's what i will do, it might just save Joe Blog's grandmother, or Mrs Jones's baby down the road, is that really a bad thing?

What are you inferring with this statement? Enjoy your ENDLESS lock downs and ENDLESS boosters as well!! Gotcha right were they wantcha...
Im a little lost here, got me right where exactly?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 05:25:46 AM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2021, 04:36:19 AM »
Don't worry.  My town and much of the rest of the nation discovered from 2020 that shutdowns and required mask wear did more harm to the economy and mental wellbeing than it was worth. 
=D>

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2021, 04:39:15 AM »
What are you inferring with this statement? Enjoy your ENDLESS lock downs and ENDLESS boosters as well!! Gotcha right were they wantcha...

Right where they want you.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2021, 04:56:44 AM »
Well this does clearly show, opinions are like ........ everybody has one and everybody is welcome to their own ..........

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2021, 05:24:07 AM »

Right where they want you.

Still none the wiser, where do they want me?  If its lock downs and at home, then it's mutual, no where I'd rather be, if its healthy, then the government and I have the same goals, if you think there is some hidden agenda then please let me know what so that I can make in informed decision
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2021, 09:02:14 AM »
Still none the wiser, where do they want me?  If its lock downs and at home, then it's mutual, no where I'd rather be, if its healthy, then the government and I have the same goals, if you think there is some hidden agenda then please let me know what so that I can make in informed decision/
Finding out the meaning from the author is always best - we all make inadvertent slips and errors in our writing and we come from all around the world so idioms change, but as you are only getting it parroted back, I can help you a bit with this one as it was said to me.

It has no meaning.

anything