Author Topic: Weather Underground PWS Webcam Set-Up  (Read 1558 times)

Offline #wxswaggy

• KCALESCON230
Weather Underground PWS Webcam Set-Up
« on: January 10, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »
How can I access the webcam.wunderground.com? I have a Blink XTR footages that I want to upload to wunderground associated with the PWS. The webcam link doesn't seem to be functioning.

Offline Michael M

• Senior Contributor
    • mypensacolaweather.com
Re: Re: My webcam not showing up
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:28:15 PM »
Have you set up the cam at the WU website yet
and if so is it setup as IP cam or URL camera
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:38:26 PM by Michael M »
WU
KFLPENSA29  WU is currently Online Again
Got New Station Installed 9-2-22
CWOP DW7066
[AKA]  Michael

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Weather Underground PWS Webcam Set-Up
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 06:16:24 PM »
Blink cameras are proprietary to Amazon. They only upload to the Amazon cloud. To be able to send images to Weather Underground you need a standard IP camera that lets you FTP images (not video) directly to Weather Underground's webcam servers. If you can manage to pull stills (not video) to your computer then you could use a program to FTP the images. There are a few programs that are able to run on your computer to do this. I'll let others chime in to make recommendations of which programs they are using to upload images. But your first order of business it how are you going to pull stills from the Blink system? It may or may not be possible. Sometimes individuals that can code come up with some crafty DIY solutions.

But that is going to be a complex system of parts; pulling the stills from the cloud, then having another program FTP them to WU. I think you'd probably fair better to get an standard IP camera that can do the job.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole