Author Topic: New nearby station on map today, but I think it's mine in duplicate?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline A1cntrler

So my station has been up and operating for over a year now and the closest nearby stations to me were about 3 miles West and East of me.  One is a residence and follows the conventional naming I always see on WU (K then State abbreviation, city abbreviation and then the number in order of registration for the area.  The other I believe it at the local fire station and a government one so it has a different name (MD0915).  Today a new one popped up almost on top of mine, and I believe it to be my station but WU is getting the information for another source.  The data is different than the rapidfire one on WU, but it appears to be delayed by 5 minutes (Which is my CWOP upload) and it has a number that is a CWOP ID (It says ME6898 where my CWOP ID is E6898). 

So how do I go about getting my duplicate CWOP sourced station off of WU?  Do I just need to stop sending the data to CWOP and wait for WU to drop the station??

My station is KCAMOORP12.  Just kind of annoying to see the delayed data/wind direction and speeds on top of my rapidfire station.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAMOORP12
Ambient WS-5000 (KVACHEST93)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: New nearby station on map today, but I think it's mine in duplicate?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »
This exact crap is happening to me right now too, AGAIN. Gets old. No idea why it happens or how it's fixed, guess just ride it out as usual. Just more WU BS. Did I mention it gets old? ](*,)

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:25:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply.   I didn't realize it was a common problem.   I'd never seen it before today.   Recently I adjusted some things on my station and began getting good data reports from  Gladstone/Madis.   I wonder if this is what triggered it being added to the map?

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
    • Finney Estates, Thornburg, VA 22551
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 05:06:16 PM »
Same problem here. CWOP ID DW3513 seems to be sending fine to other sites but stopped rendering the data on Weather Underground. I now see MD3513 on the site with some data mapped to my neighborhood.

It appears that KVASPOTS4 stopped reporting altogether on Sept 28: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVASPOTS4#history/s20151009/e20161009/myear
Davis Instruments 6163 Wireless Vantage Pro2+
Hautespot HR-IXPWIND router

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »
Same problem here. CWOP ID DW3513 seems to be sending fine to other sites but stopped rendering the data on Weather Underground. I now see MD3513 on the site with some data mapped to my neighborhood.

It appears that KVASPOTS4 stopped reporting altogether on Sept 28: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVASPOTS4#history/s20151009/e20161009/myear

Hello there!  My brother lives in Spotsylvania too and I got him set up with a station a little bit back.  He is in the Post Oak area (KVASPOTS14).

Anyways regarding your WU reporting from your station, I see you're using a HauteWind to get your data online.  I was just reading today about others with that device having issues around the same date.  I'm not sure there is a solution yet, but it is probably something WU did on their end with that device is the general consensus.  Might try using your  station key instead of password for the WU info on the device.  Here is the thread I read it in:

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=30467.0

Edit:  The MD station doesn't report any rainfall?  Does your station usually report rain?  I know you guys just got rain yesterday from Matthew, but there's none reported from "your" station.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:24:19 PM by A1cntrler »

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 10:50:01 AM »
Yes, it is reporting rainfall and everything else to all of the other sites but WU is having problems.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW3513

At some point I'm going to move away from HauteWind but it has worked OK for the past 10 years and is still pushing out data to CWOP reliably. I really just need to find the time to push the data out another way. I do have a Synology Diskstation running 24/7. I'm sure I could configure something to solve the problem with that but need to make the time.

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »
Thanks for the link to that thread A1cntrler. My problem exactly and the timing is the same on Sept. 28.

I'll try the station key now and see what happens.

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »
I've been happy with the Meteobridge running on a DIR-505.  I set it up and it just runs in a corner of my house were it gets the best reception from my station.  I reboot it about once a month to clear out any errors that may have accumulated.  Uploads to WU, CWOP and PWS right now, but there's a good long list of places I can choose to upload to.

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 12:04:41 PM »
Reading up on this now and I'm a little confused. How is the data getting to the DIR-505? USB data logger from the console and plugged in to the DIR-505?

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:41 PM »
Correct!  In my case I use a TP-link mini-router flashed with Meteobridge.  You can use the USB or the IP Davis loggers to connect to the Meteobridge box.  Works like a charm.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 12:40:47 PM »
Thanks. I have the ancient serial logger now. Guess I'll research that next and pick one.

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
You should be able to sell that serial logger - there seems to be a demand for them.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »
Yes what Bushman said.  In my case I have an Acurite station and use the SmartHub.  It connects to the DIR-505 through the Ethernet port.  The SmartHub normally plugs directly into the internet and sends data only to Acurite which in turn can send it to WU, but not in a rapidfire format.  With the Meteobridge in there in-between it sniffs out the data and sends it where I direct it to go and also allows it to pass through to Acurite servers so I can still use the app from them as well.  It also uploads data to WU at a interval selected by me (I think I'm set at every 5 seconds right now) and also uploads to the other services I choose at intervals set by me.

Acurite recently changed the upload interval to WU from their site to once every 5 minutes.  Prior I think it was once every 15 or 20?  I didn't want to deal with that so I researched this option and have been happy.

The DIR-505 when flashed with the Meteobridge software connects to the internet wirelessly on my home network.  Previously I was at the mercy of where I had an available ethernet port to plug in the receiver for my station, but since the DIR is on my WiFi, I can place it wherever I get the best reception from outside for my station.

Offline SailorBill

• Spotsylvania, VA
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »
HauteSpot HR-IXP-WIND router is uploading to Weather Underground again:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVASPOTS4

PWS SNELLVA1
WU KVASPOTS4
CWOP DW3513
WXbug p17554