Author Topic: New Stuff - Ecowitt Has the Newest Fine Offset Hardware  (Read 58450 times)

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
Re: New Stuff - Ecowitt Has the Newest Fine Offset Hardware
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2019, 10:18:22 PM »
I had to move the console to a closer area which is rather inconvenient as I am unable to view it when i'm in my lounge. Eventually, I lost complete contact with all sensors (dashed out) so now I have it in my porch, about 20' from all sensors.

I'm a little surprised on how bad the reception is not to be able to view it in another room. I've never encountered that with any weather station i've owned.

I have set up the GW1000. All but one sensor gets picked up. I have a secondary temp/humidity sensor which I want in another room, but I cannot view the data from the app as the GW1000 will not pick up on it. I even have the sensor right next to the GW100, so I am out of ideas!

Not going too well..  :-|

Hi Mapantz,

Sorry to hear that. Please don't worry and we'll be responsible for your issue.
Our engineer is analyzing your issue now and we'll go back to you soon.

Best Regards,
Lucy
Ecowitt Weather Instruments at: http://www.ecowitt.com/
FB: @ecowittsupport
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ecowittweather
Email: support@ecowitt.com

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2019, 04:49:46 AM »
I had to move the console to a closer area which is rather inconvenient as I am unable to view it when i'm in my lounge. Eventually, I lost complete contact with all sensors (dashed out) so now I have it in my porch, about 20' from all sensors.

I'm a little surprised on how bad the reception is not to be able to view it in another room. I've never encountered that with any weather station i've owned.

I have set up the GW1000. All but one sensor gets picked up. I have a secondary temp/humidity sensor which I want in another room, but I cannot view the data from the app as the GW1000 will not pick up on it. I even have the sensor right next to the GW100, so I am out of ideas!

Hi Mapantz,

Here are the answers to your questions:
1.For the WS68 anemometer, we'll optimize the design with a new solution to solve the issue. And we'll send you a new one to replace the current one once it's available.
2.For the WH40 rain gauge, could you please send us some photos to show the situation you mentioned?
  We have installed the sensor on the roof with no problem:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

In addition, you can also mount the rain gauge with screws, if you find it hard to install with the pole:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Here's our other customer's installation photo:

3.For the WH41 air quality sensor, please don't worry, and the structure is IPx4 rainproof.

4. You said that there's one sensor that the GW1000 could not pick up. It should be the indoor temperature humidity and pressure sensor, which is used to work work with the HP2551 console. It is not supposed to be picked up by the GW1000, since the GW1000 already has a built-in indoor temperature humidity and pressure sensor. We checked your data on the ecowitt.net(sorry that we haven't asked for your permission first), and found that the GW1000 has picked up all the sensors as it should:

5. As for the poor signal performance of the HP2551 console.
It should be the problem of the HP2551 console. We'll send you a new console to replace it.

We're really sorry for that.
Please give us a change to solve your problem.
Please let us know your thought.

Best Regards,
Lucy

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2019, 05:15:21 AM »

Our engineer suggests you to reset the HP2551 console to factory mode and see whether it can receive the sensors normally.
Please have a try and let us know the result.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:27 AM »
Strange that you are having such an issue.
I have observed that the console is sensitive to interference from other sources such as Bluetooth devices that come too close

Other than that I get full signal quality for most (99%) of the time (I do see occasional drops that are very brief and of no concern) and my sensors are more than 50 feet away through many brick walls.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2019, 06:58:41 AM »
Yes, it is strange. I cannot even pick up my WiFi from my porch (where the console is now) no problems picking it up on any other devices. I can even pick up my WiFi on my phone about 100m away, so that's weird as well.

In regards to my extra temp/humidity sensor not being picked up by the GW1000.. how come it shows the sensor in the app with 8 channels? (all saying learning...)

I see on Mandrakes weather dashboard: https://www.ecowitt.net/home/index?type=2&name=GW-1000%20Boxgrove%20Park,%20Guildford

It is showing all of his sensors for various rooms.

PS: Thank you for the reply, Lucy.

I really do like the station and I apologise for being a bit downbeat. I was just excited to get my station, so a few issues were a bit disheartening for me. I'm more than happy to help get them all fixed.

I'll do a reset on the console later on. I'll also try to get pictures of the rain gauge. However, it's a bit tricky to fully illustrate what I mean. Although, I am happy with how it is right now as my ingenuity usually helps overcome these small issues. At the end of the day, I have got it level by using some tape to bulk out the area the plate gets clamped too, and it's nice and secure, so it won't be a problem. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:10:37 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:18 AM »
The extra Hygro/Temp sensors are set by dip switches (1-8) to define what channel they are. These should just get detected by the GW-1000 and displayed. Sometimes they do take 10 minutes or so when you first restart the console or Gw-1000 to get picked up.

The Temp/Hygro/Barometer sensor that you have with the HP-2551 is not detected/displayed by the GW-1000 since it has its own internal equivalent just for the avoidance of doubt/confusion.

On the Ecowitt.net site you can change the Channel name to a description of your choosing.

Also if it helps, on the WS-View app in the settings area you can see the options for sensors that GW-1000 is detecting and displaying. It might be wise to make sure you dont have the sensors disabled etc
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2019, 07:45:35 AM »
The extra Hygro/Temp sensors are set by dip switches (1-8) to define what channel they are. These should just get detected by the GW-1000 and displayed. Sometimes they do take 10 minutes or so when you first restart the console or Gw-1000 to get picked up.

The Temp/Hygro/Barometer sensor that you have with the HP-2551 is not detected/displayed by the GW-1000 since it has its own internal equivalent just for the avoidance of doubt/confusion.

On the Ecowitt.net site you can change the Channel name to a description of your choosing.

Also if it helps, on the WS-View app in the settings area you can see the options for sensors that GW-1000 is detecting and displaying. It might be wise to make sure you dont have the sensors disabled etc

The HP-2551 doesn't have anything built in. It came with an outdoor sensor, that's it. The temp/humidity get's picked up by the GW-1000 ok. I bought one additional sensor to put in the porch, that doesn't get picked up at all. I have it sat right next to the GW-1000, I even took the batteries out and started fresh - nothing! The app shows all the channels, but picks nothing up.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2019, 07:55:10 AM »
OK, that's Odd.

As you rightly say the HP2551 does not have any sensors integrated into it. It normally comes with an sensor stick that records the Internal temp/Hygro and Barometer pressure. It might be OK to have this outside but my console expects this to be inside as the temp displayed is as Internal on my console.

Then additionally you can have up to 8 temp/hygro sensors (which you can see on my data named as rooms) set as Channels 1 through 8.

The Gw-1000 sees the additional temp/hygro sensors but ignores the single temp/hygro/barometer sensor. Hope that clarifies.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
OK, that's Odd.

As you rightly say the HP2551 does not have any sensors integrated into it. It normally comes with an sensor stick that records the Internal temp/Hygro and Barometer pressure. It might be OK to have this outside but my console expects this to be inside as the temp displayed is as Internal on my console.

Then additionally you can have up to 8 temp/hygro sensors (which you can see on my data named as rooms) set as Channels 1 through 8.

The Gw-1000 sees the additional temp/hygro sensors but ignores the single temp/hygro/barometer sensor. Hope that clarifies.

This is totally confusing.

To try and clear this up better..

If I didn't buy an additional WH32, how would I record outdoor temp/humidity? Surely, buying a weather station is to report the temp/humidity outdoors, not indoors?

I knew that the console didn't read indoor temp/humidity, so that's why I bought an additional sensor.

I saw in your picture on Netweather, that you have a total of 6 temp/humidity sensors?!  1: Outdoors -  2: Freezer - 3: Garage - 4: Danny's room - 5: Maddie's room - 6: Bedroom. The GW-1000 acts as the indoor temp. They all show on your dashboard.

On mine, I have two sensors. 1: Outdoors - 2: Porch and the indoor one is the GW-1000. Only Outdoors and indoors (GW-1000) show on my dashboard.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:09:29 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2019, 08:33:59 AM »
So, agreed this is a little confusing.
Because you are using the new individual sensors instead of the traditional all in one you are missing the normal external temp/hygro sensor, hence the need for the additional external sensor stick you have. This will just be temp/Hygro and again would have no channel settings available as it will be a fixed channel. (WH?)

I would however have expected that ecowitt would still have provided you with a internal sensor stick to do the internal temp/hygro and barometer. I cannot see how that data would be populated on your HP2551 console without it. You can tell this sensor becuase it will cycle around and show the pressure etc. Also it does not have any channel options on its back. (WH32)

The extra sensor you have purchased is presumably just a temp/hygro sensor that can be placed anywhere and can be set as channel 1 to 8 on its back. (WH31)

I think you are missing a sensor stick and you should clarify this with Lucy.
Is that any clearer?

The Gw-1000 does not comunicate in any way with the HP2551 console and so will not provide it with any data from its internal sensors. In many ways it is best to think of it as a headless console.
As previously mentioned; in my setup then I have the Gw-1000 which sees the external sensor array for Wind/rain/Temp/Hygro/Solar. It also sees the 6 additional WH31 sensors I have placed around my house/Garage etc. It sees the PM2.5 and Soil Moisture sensor. It however does not see the WH32 (temp/hygro/Baromemter) data as it does not need to.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:44:03 AM by Mandrake »
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2019, 08:38:37 AM »

I think you are missing a sensor stick and you should clarify this with Lucy.
Is that any clearer?

Perhaps that is the problem.

If you look at this for instance: http://www.ecowitt.com/weather_station/70.html

It shows 1 sensor with it. How would the console be showing both indoor and outdoor temps on it?

Oh, it looks as though the outdoor sensor is under the rain gauge. I would take a wild stab that because I bought my kit as separate parts, I don't get the built in outdoor temp/humidity sensor, as so I wasn't sent one either.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:40:58 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2019, 08:46:12 AM »
Correct, in the normal all in one sensors the temp/hygro is built into a mini screen protected enclosure under the rain collector.

I was expecting your setup to be like this one
http://www.ecowitt.com/weather_station/97.html

Except using the HP2551 console.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2019, 08:47:56 AM »
Correct, in the normal all in one sensors the temp/hygro is built into a mini screen protected enclosure under the rain collector.

That probably confirms it then?! Basically, If I hadn't of bought the additional sensor, I wouldn't have been able to record outdoor temperature & humidity. I may have to purchase a couple more.

Mine were all purchased as separates as follows:

WS68 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Wireless Solar Powered Anemometer with Light & UV Sensor
WH40 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Rain Gauge Sensor
GW1000 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- USB Gateway with Indoor Temperature, Humidity and Barometric Sensor
WH32 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Outdoor Temperature and Humidity Sensor
WH41 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor
WH51 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Soil Moisture Sensor
HP2551 console
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:50:11 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2019, 09:11:05 AM »
What you will need to verify with Lucy is whether the sensor stick you have outside is a true outdoor sensor with a  fixed channel or an example of the WH31 with the option to set channels 1 to 8. I am presuming this as I have not obviously seen an example and I am guessing that the HP2551 console will be using the same firmware as mine. Therefore the true outdoor temp sensor will be sending a data stream that distinguishes it from the variety that can be set Channel 1 to 8 and displayed on the right hand side of the console!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »
The other tip is to switch the console/GW-1000 off and restart them within relatively close proximity to the sensors so that they register. You should then be able to move the sensors to their final positions.
Might be worth trying.

The only reason the gw-1000 wont see a sensor is if its not supported and as far as I know it should see them all apart from the internal WH32 (Temp/Hygro/Barometer) since the gw-1000 does not need this sensor.

So to be clear I have 5 WH31 (Temp/Hygro) on Channels 1-5 and the 1 WH32 (temp/Hygro/Barometer)
G1ZFO

Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
The other tip is to switch the console/GW-1000 off and restart them within relatively close proximity to the sensors so that they register. You should then be able to move the sensors to their final positions.
Might be worth trying.

The only reason the gw-1000 wont see a sensor is if its not supported and as far as I know it should see them all apart from the internal WH32 (Temp/Hygro/Barometer) since the gw-1000 does not need this sensor.

So to be clear I have 5 WH31 (Temp/Hygro) on Channels 1-5 and the 1 WH32 (temp/Hygro/Barometer)

It's a fixed channel on mine by the looks of it.

Offline gvspfc

• Blumenau/Brazil Wunderground
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »
I have spotted on the ecowitt dashboard that you can set up email alerts for certain weather preferences.. is there any plans to set up push notifications to mobile devices, perhaps?

I only ever use email when I am at my PC, I uninstall email apps on my phones.

Hi Mapantz,

Yes, we have the plan to set up push notifications to mobile devices and we'll create a new app only for ecowitt in the future.
But it'll take a long time and we could not tell you the specific time.
Hope you can understand that.
Thank you.:)

Thats my request too! I asked several times on Twitter this to Lucy (Gabriel_Voi_gt on tweeter!)

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2019, 10:51:09 PM »

That probably confirms it then?! Basically, If I hadn't of bought the additional sensor, I wouldn't have been able to record outdoor temperature & humidity. I may have to purchase a couple more.

Mine were all purchased as separates as follows:

WS68 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Wireless Solar Powered Anemometer with Light & UV Sensor
WH40 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Rain Gauge Sensor
GW1000 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- USB Gateway with Indoor Temperature, Humidity and Barometric Sensor
WH32 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Outdoor Temperature and Humidity Sensor
WH41 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor
WH51 - WIFI Weather Sensor Series -- Soil Moisture Sensor
HP2551 console

Hi Mapantz,

Sorry for the mistaken.
We should explain more clearly when we ship you the items.
Please note that the indoor temp/humidity/pressure sensor(the one that not picked up by GW1000) is not listed on the 7 items as we talked on the mail.
It's an accessory to work with the HP2551 console and display the indoor temp/humidity/pressure data on the console.
And the WH32 sensor (listed on the 7 items as we talked on the mail)  can work both with the HP2551 console and the GW1000. It will display outdoor temperature and humidity data on the HP2551 console and the WS View app.
If you want the additional temperature and humidity sensor to monitor other place, you'll need to order the WH31 Multi-channel temperature and humidity sensor.
Please don't worry, we 'll send you one WH31 sensor as a gift to show our apology for causing you so much inconvenience.
Is that acceptable?

Best Regards,
Lucy

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »
Might be worth trying.

Thank you for your help!
We really appreciate that.:-)

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2019, 10:53:20 PM »
I have spotted on the ecowitt dashboard that you can set up email alerts for certain weather preferences.. is there any plans to set up push notifications to mobile devices, perhaps?

I only ever use email when I am at my PC, I uninstall email apps on my phones.

Hi Mapantz,

Yes, we have the plan to set up push notifications to mobile devices and we'll create a new app only for ecowitt in the future.
But it'll take a long time and we could not tell you the specific time.
Hope you can understand that.
Thank you.:)

Thats my request too! I asked several times on Twitter this to Lucy (Gabriel_Voi_gt on tweeter!)

Received.:-)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2019, 08:49:37 AM »

Hi Mapantz,

Sorry for the mistaken.
Please note that the indoor temp/humidity/pressure sensor(the one that not picked up by GW1000) is not listed on the 7 items as we talked on the mail.
It's an accessory to work with the HP2551 console and display the indoor temp/humidity/pressure data on the console.
And the WH32 sensor (listed on the 7 items as we talked on the mail)  can work both with the HP2551 console and the GW1000. It will display outdoor temperature and humidity data on the HP2551 console and the WS View app.
If you want the additional temperature and humidity sensor to monitor other place, you'll need to order the WH31 Multi-channel temperature and humidity sensor.
Please don't worry, we 'll send you one WH31 sensor as a gift to show our apology for causing you so much inconvenience.
Is that acceptable?

Best Regards,
Lucy

That's extremely kind of you!

I'll get in contact with you by email later, as I would like to purchase a couple of additional items from you. :)

Just thought i'd post a pic of the setup so far:

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2019, 09:47:42 AM »

Looks good!

Hope everything will turn out fine. I'm pretty sure Lucy and Ecowitt are interested in fixing any issues.

Regards

Offline gvspfc

• Blumenau/Brazil Wunderground
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »

Hi Mapantz,

Sorry for the mistaken.
Is that acceptable?

Best Regards,
Lucy

I'll get in contact with you by email later, as I would like to purchase a couple of additional items from you. :)

It looks marvellous

Offline Lucy

• Contributor
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2019, 10:19:02 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks for your kind understanding.:)
We'll wait for your mails.:-)
Thanks for sharing the setup photo. Looks great!  [tup] [tup] [tup]
Would mind us posting it on our fb/twitter account to share with more people?

Best Regards,
Lucy

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »
I am experiencing a bug on my HP2551-C console. I set the automatic on/off function last night. It's set to switch on the display at 07:30 and go off at 00:15. However, all day, it has been turning off and on. It's happened 6 times that I have seen, but it was probably more due to me not constantly watching it.

Is this normal?  :shock:

I practically live in a rural location, i'd be shocked if levels were really that high?

Bournemouth is only 15 miles from me and that's a very large town. AQI is 19

http://aqicn.org/city/united-kingdom/bournemouth/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:19:14 PM by Mapantz »