Author Topic: Weatherlink console firmware v1.2.7  (Read 514 times)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Weatherlink console firmware v1.2.7
« on: May 24, 2023, 07:44:15 AM »
Thought it might be useful to have a thread specifically relating to this new firmware version which was available to my console today. As has happened before, this new firmware did not install automatically (as the manual suggests that it might) but instead there is a green notification button on the Device Information page that allows for a manual install.

Both firmware and OS are shown as updating to v1.2.7, though it's not obvious what the OS changes might be. The changes listed by Davis with some extra annotations by me include:

New functions
  • Map Tab: See conditions and details for stations worldwide on your screen. An implementation of the standard map page accessible from the browser app
  • Remote Alarm Receiver: Set alarms on WeatherLink.com for any of your stations and send them to your console. I think use of this feature is awaiting an update at weatherlink.com. I can't see that there is an Alarms tab showing for the 6313 console pages yet. Hopefully this will appear soon.
  • Remote Data Viewing: See the current conditions from your remote weather station on the console. (These are stations that you have added to your account at weatherlink.com I think. Console data for any non-local stations would be downloaded from weatherlink.com with presumably a 1-minute update period, but I haven't checked that.)
  • Rain Recap Icon: Icons in the monthly review indicate days with rain

Screen/console usability features
  • Swipe left and right to see different stations in your account, ie including the remote stations in your account mentioned above.
  • Energy Saver Mode: Choose to have the console screen go to sleep when you do.
  • Do Not Disturb: Set times where alarms do not wake the screen or make sounds.
  • Wake Up: Wake up the console with a single tap.
  • Sleep Mode: Set the number of minutes to enter sleep mode when not on primary power.
  • Serial number/DID: Both serial number and DID are now visible on the Device Information page. (I don't recall them being there before BICBW)

Bug fixes: Nothing explicitly listed by Davis, but hopefully some bugs have been squashed compared to previous firmware versions.

Please feel free to add any errors/omission plus other comments below.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 08:21:16 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline twcmaster

• Contributor
Re: Weatherlink console firmware v1.2.7
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 01:48:27 AM »
Swipe left and right to see different stations in your account, ie including the remote stations in your account mentioned above.

Hi, can you tell me if the other remote stations update at the rapid refresh rate (i.e 2.5 seconds for wind) or is it just the standard 1 minute refresh rate that the web version of weatherlink.com has?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 06:22:51 AM »
Hi, can you tell me if the other remote stations update at the rapid refresh rate (i.e 2.5 seconds for wind) or is it just the standard 1 minute refresh rate that the web version of weatherlink.com has?

As the rest of the line you quoted says, I presume this must be 1-minute updates only. AFAIK real-time data (eg the 2.5sec wind updates) never leave the local PC or network in any standard Davis configuration and so simply cannot be available to any other remote console or viewing device. I can't see how else it might work, but happy to listen to any other ideas.

So, in my picture, data for non-local stations can only be sourced from weatherlink.com and so be limited to 1-minute updates.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:25:16 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 08:20:28 AM »
When I came downstairs this morning, I found the display to be dark. I tried touching the screen, but nothing happened.

Given the internal rechargeable battery, I decided to make a momentary press of the "R" button, since unplugging the USB C would not have done anything.

It started booting up and gave a notification about version 1.2. Everything then synched up with the sensors. This was a relief, since at first I thought "Oh-oh, it crapped out"... 8-[

I'll have to see if I like the energy saver and wake-up, I tend to glance at the display as I walk by the console. With the earlier sunrise this time of year, it will probably be OK, but I may change my mind when next winter arrives. I do like the "swipe for other stations" feature.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF