Author Topic: What Weather Software/Website for multiple Stations?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline RonBurgundy

What Weather Software/Website for multiple Stations?
« on: March 23, 2023, 09:12:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I am in charge of several off the shelf weather stations from Davis (vantage pro 2) and ONSET (HOBO RX3000). I work for a farming company and I have been trying to find a way to bring the data from all of these under one portal/website for viewing by my team.

I currently have the public access html links that display a "dashboard" of sorts on our company website. However, the data displayed is sometimes too detailed with all the sensor channels (temp/RH voltage etc). I was wondering if any of the software discussed in this forum can take automated data feeds imports through FTP or SFTP and display a simple list of stations with their temperature next to them. Most of my coworkers use their phones and the website we have with links is unbearable out in the field.

Any help you can offer would be great, thanks in advance.

Offline Aussie Susan

Re: What Weather Software/Website for multiple Stations?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 09:48:26 PM »
I'm sure that there will be other replies that provide better and more direct answers.
I've recently been playing with Home Assistant (to help monitor my home) and I have linked by old HP1000 clone weather station to an MQTT broker that has the Home Assistant as an MQTT client. I also have a couple of home-made weather stations based on XBee3's and an ESP32C3 to pass the weather data to the MQTT server as well.
The Home Assistant allows me to create my own pages that contain just the items I'm interested in.
I'm sure there are many other ways of achieving this outcome.
Susan

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
Re: What Weather Software/Website for multiple Stations?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 05:08:59 PM »
Greetings! I think I might be the only other HOBO user on this forum. While my display doesn't solve your problem with cell phone access and screen size directly, I use simple iframes for our PC-oriented webpage display (see link in my footer). They display just a portion of the basic HOBOlink public page for our station, plus a dashboard I created to show trends lines for some sensor readings.
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/trends.htm

If you use more complicated iframe command options, you can eliminate showing the space-consuming top of the HOBOlink public page and reduce the frame size to show just the station name and last reported temperature for each of your HOBO stations. I am unfamiliar with what Davis provides on its display webpages, but you may be able to do something similar with them to display just the name and temperature reading of each one in a minimal screen space.

I wrote my webpage to automatically update every minute.

Rich K.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 05:10:40 PM by havtrail »
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

anything