Author Topic: iSpy Agent  (Read 2115 times)

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
iSpy Agent
« on: October 28, 2022, 05:28:00 PM »
After trying out BlueIris and finding it was something of a resource hog, even when running as a service, I thought I would give iSpy a try. Downloaded the Agent DVR and managed to get the camera (hikvision) connected.
I will say that the user guides really only tell you what the different bits do and not how to do something. Eventually got it posting an image up to my website every 5 minutes, perfect. Adjusted the size and all looks good.
I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something that works, and after an expensive year of replacing computers/tablets and buying a mesh wifi system, $129 for IPTimelapse for one camera is out of the question.
Now it says it does time lapse, but I haven't figured that out yet. Never done it before, but does iSpy do a timelapse video that will upload to my website? Just felt like doing something different.
Currently testing on my "main" PC that will get switched off at night before installing on the dedicated WX PC running Win10. The other option is to run it on a Linux Mint machine that runs a second weather station and part of my media setup.

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
Re: iSpy Agent
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 11:41:25 AM »
Looks like iSpy does some sort of timelapse https://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-recording.aspx

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 12:06:51 PM »
That's iSpy Connect and not iSpy Agent, they look very different.

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 01:30:12 PM »
Use your Mint OS to do the time lapse.

This (http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=29700.0) gives instructions for doing it on an RPi but the Mint procedure should be almost identical.

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 03:54:43 PM »
Interesting. I will investigate that for another day. Thanks.