Author Topic: Cumulus MX wrong readings  (Read 688 times)

Offline Sebpil

Cumulus MX wrong readings
« on: December 14, 2020, 10:35:43 AM »
Hi

Have just briefly tried the MX and so far I don not like it. Not more to say.
However the presentation of the weather is completely wrong. It seems like MX is more making up its own mind that showing actual values.
My present wind speed of the display connected to the outside wetaher station is 2.7 m/s and the display showing MX data in web browser says 6.1 m/s.

Obviously the web based display does not read current values or what am I missing here?

Well I head back to the old version that was easy to get data files in to excel or similar to. But when the script is showing made up values even worse than the older Cumulus software, then I doubt it even more.

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
Re: Cumulus MX wrong readings
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
Hi

However the presentation of the weather is completely wrong. It seems like MX is more making up its own mind that showing actual values.
My present wind speed of the display connected to the outside wetaher station is 2.7 m/s and the display showing MX data in web browser says 6.1 m/s.

2.7 m/s is 6.1 mph.......set up issue?

Doug

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Cumulus MX wrong readings
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:08:55 AM »
Hi

Obviously the web based display does not read current values or what am I missing here?

Well I head back to the old version that was easy to get data files in to excel or similar to. But when the script is showing made up values even worse than the older Cumulus software, then I doubt it even more.
Not trying to persuade you, just trying to give an answer to your stated issue.  CumulusMX reads the station data the same way as Cumulus1 (you can even interchange files from one to the other). 

I agree with AWL, check your station settings in CumulusMX.  You can compare your Cumulus1 cumulus,ini settings file with the newer CumulusMX Cumulus.ini file and see the differences if any. There will likely be some additional settings in the CumulusMX .ini file for the extra features it has,  But the data receiving, data saving to log files, etc. is identical.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything