Author Topic: Has anyone tried the 06099m wifi display for atlas?  (Read 4231 times)

Offline jteloh

Re: Has anyone tried the 06099m wifi display for atlas?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
I can't speak to the power glitches. Here in my part of FL, Florida flicker and flash forces me to put anything important on ups.
I did put the original display and the wifi display on the same atlas for about a week.
First thing I noticed is that the barametor algorithm seems different. One downside of the wifi display is the pressure display never hardly changes, but it changes at Acurite and WU.
A feature I like is that there are displays for both sensor strength and wifi. Overall it was a good replacement for my broken access.

Offline sodfarmer

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2021, 03:56:08 PM »
I have had the 06099M WiFi Display with my 06059M Atlas Sensor for three days.
I've got a ticket opened up with tech support right now because I have extremely intermittent connection to the data via the MyAcurite App. The app may report my sensor being offline for 5+ hours, then it works for 10 minutes. It's arbitrary, so it may be more than IP addresses jumping about. That said, the only thing I have not yet done is reserve a static IP address (which I will try next).

I think the Atlas is reporting reliably to the Display WiFi because when I connect again, I think it serves up all the graph data from when I could not connect. However, seeing the data points are in clusters of 5 or so with fairly large gaps between them, I'm not certain now. I'm no familiar enough yet to know if that is how it is supposed to work. Plus, I know my internet works because I have a Revo camera system I can see those feeds even when the weather station is "offline".

I have it reporting to acurite and also put the wunderground access key in the setup but it never reported to wunderground. I deleted that sensor on wunderground so now I think I have to go through the set up again and put the new key in. I wonder if it didn't report to wunderground because I haven't installed backup batteries in the display yet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 04:27:01 PM by sodfarmer »
Atlas 06059M | Direct To WiFi Display 06099M

Offline aspexin91

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
I set up wunderground in myacurite.com->Settings (far right menu)->Share Weather (in drop down) and in the section "Sharing to Weather Underground" is where I provide the wunderground station id and keys. AFAIK the Atlas sends data to the base station (cylindrical thingy not the display) that comes with the Atlas and that sends the data to myacurite. Then wunderground gets its data from myacurite.com. I've been set up like this since May 2019. We only recently bought the display so I didn't have to setup a tablet in the master bath.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
I have done the factory reset so many times I can’t even remember.

I am using it, but only a couple weeks now.  So far I like it....but, had a power and internet outage over the weekend and had wifi connectivity issues thereafter.  Had to go through the whole setup again.  Knock on wood I have never had that problem with my 5in1 direct to wifi display.  As I almost always use PWS monitor its a pain when it doesn't update to wunderground. 

We'll have to see if this is recurring.

I actually have another question for you. You said you had a power outage... Did the battery backup allow it to still record data?

I did a short test of this after I put the AAA's in and the display just went black. However I did not have to redo the set up which tells me maybe it just saves your settings and the clock.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »
I have had the 06099M WiFi Display with my 06059M Atlas Sensor for three days.
I've got a ticket opened up with tech support right now because I have extremely intermittent connection to the data via the MyAcurite App. The app may report my sensor being offline for 5+ hours, then it works for 10 minutes. It's arbitrary, so it may be more than IP addresses jumping about. That said, the only thing I have not yet done is reserve a static IP address (which I will try next).

I think the Atlas is reporting reliably to the Display WiFi because when I connect again, I think it serves up all the graph data from when I could not connect. However, seeing the data points are in clusters of 5 or so with fairly large gaps between them, I'm not certain now. I'm no familiar enough yet to know if that is how it is supposed to work. Plus, I know my internet works because I have a Revo camera system I can see those feeds even when the weather station is "offline".

I have it reporting to acurite and also put the wunderground access key in the setup but it never reported to wunderground. I deleted that sensor on wunderground so now I think I have to go through the set up again and put the new key in. I wonder if it didn't report to wunderground because I haven't installed backup batteries in the display yet.

Mine went down again after being set up to report to wunderground via myacurite.  Same thing, went down for 5+ hours.  My 5in1 was ticking along and reporting just fine the whole while…IMO, it’s not internet, not WiFi, not DHCP, and not wunderground.

Now they want me to send it back for “troubleshooting”….I’m waiting on a prepaid mailing label.

Have had the atlas up since June…this makes TWO Atlas displays in the tank.  And now I wait for them to work on it  :?

Not happy.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
Also…it’s not in my case an issue with the Atlas reporting to the display.  My other display (a replacement for the HD display that didn’t work out of the box) is receiving accurate info and it is much further away.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2021, 05:36:11 PM »
Got the display back from AcuRite.  No information included. 

Now it switches randomly to the records page and freezes requiring a reboot.

This whole Atlas system has turned out to be a hair-pulling disaster for me.

Offline sodfarmer

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2021, 09:19:29 AM »
I'll post a follow-up to my issue of 5+ hour dropouts in data...

My Atlas+WiFi Display has been working perfectly for the past two weeks.

I originally had it on the second row of a shelf with the antenna up. I moved it to the top row, put the antenna down, and reset the display. It has been reporting consistently to myAcuweather and to wunderground perfectly for the past 14 days.

I surmise that either the antennas on each unit or the broadcast strength of the Atlas is sub-par.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:37:32 AM by sodfarmer »
Atlas 06059M | Direct To WiFi Display 06099M

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2021, 09:28:00 AM »
The Atlas sensor is very odd... I was having so many drop outs on the regular HD display for a long time. One day, I went outside to the sensor and loosened it. turned it slightly, and tightened again. Now I have a much better result, and I almost never lose the signal on the display. The sensor is probably 130 feet away from the display. Also be sure the solar panels get sunshine all day long. One time I had my sensor mounted in such a way that shade would hit it for a few hours. This resulted in more frequent battery changes. Right now, my battery light goes on and off at night, but during the day it disappears.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2021, 03:33:12 PM »
Got a replacement WiFi display in the mail today. 

Great…Except it won’t connect with MyAcurite!!!  I have to use MyAcurite because the product won’t report to wunderground, even though it’s supposed to (and wunderground has its own issues).

I’ve been stabbing myself in the eye with this POS for far too long. I’ve told AcuRite I want to return the whole Atlas system, and I’ll just buy a damn NOAA radio  :shock:

Offline weather_man

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2021, 05:11:23 PM »
After getting this wifi display I have also decided I am done with acurite. I began the whole process of initiating a replacement display, but decided against it because I don't think it will fix anything. Somehow this new display actually displays less information than the original atlas display (it doesn't show light intensity or "feels like") unless you use the app where the information is still not presented very easily. The whole lightning sensor thing is also very frustrating. I live in the country. There is absolutely nothing to interfere with it. And during an approaching storm I just get the constant yellow exclamation for interference. It isn't until after the storm or again using the app that I can finally see how close the lightning actually was. So rather than deal with support who always want factory resets and other such nonsense to troubleshoot, I'm going to invest in a better system at some point.

So having said that, does anyone know of comparable systems from other companies that would have all the same features but would actually work?

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2021, 06:28:17 PM »
Yeah, I'm done also.  Been working on this damn thing forever.  Of course as soon as I complain it starts working.  One thing is for sure....Acurite doesn't want it back.

This is my last Acurite product....and it's already gotten old.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2021, 01:59:37 PM »
The whole lightning sensor thing is also very frustrating. I live in the country. There is absolutely nothing to interfere with it. And during an approaching storm I just get the constant yellow exclamation for interference. It isn't until after the storm or again using the app that I can finally see how close the lightning actually was. So rather than deal with support who always want factory resets and other such nonsense to troubleshoot, I'm going to invest in a better system at some point.

I also asked about that.  Here’s what I got:

“That is normal you will only need to worry about 2 things during a storm
don't get lightning during a obvious storm get lightning strikes during a nice sunny day.

Interference especially during a storm is just normal interference from the excess of electricity in the atmosphere.”

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2021, 08:19:57 PM »
My replacement display stopped reporting for about 5 hours today.  Wunderground out of the picture…it’s not reporting to MyAcurite.

My 5in1 was online through the same period without so much as a hiccup.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 08:29:20 AM »
Can you tell if the reason it stopped reporting is that it is losing signal from the Atlas? Maybe it loses signal for too long a period and stops?

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2021, 08:37:40 AM »
I wish I could tell what’s going on, but I can’t tell why.  It doesn’t seem to ever lose the signal from the atlas, and maintains WiFi connectivity.  It’s in the same room with the router, and ~50’ and line of sight to the Atlas.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »
AcuRite informed me today that others are reporting the same, and they are investigating the issue…at present they have no solution.

Not yet sure if there is any light at the end of the tunnel, but at least it’s somewhat satisfying to not be the only one.

Given how MyAcurite fills in the gaps in data on its own, I bet more people are having problems than realize.

Offline deeplakes

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 10:18:14 AM »
I am another long time Acurite user who is also now done with them

The display on my older touchscreen unit quit one day so I replaced it with this Direct to Wifi one.

Right from the start the disconnects started for both WU and the app.

I asked for a replacement which was sent and it was exactly the same.

I have run these units on 5 routers, run both hooked up several ways but the constant factory resets required has forced me to go back to the old Access unit which still performs perfectly and never drops out.

The tech people are in stall mode and they either have no idea how to fix it or just don't care.

Either way it is the last purchase I will make from this junk company

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
 ](*,)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 06:45:59 PM »
I am another long time Acurite user who is also now done with them

The display on my older touchscreen unit quit one day so I replaced it with this Direct to Wifi one.

Right from the start the disconnects started for both WU and the app.

I asked for a replacement which was sent and it was exactly the same.

I have run these units on 5 routers, run both hooked up several ways but the constant factory resets required has forced me to go back to the old Access unit which still performs perfectly and never drops out.

The tech people are in stall mode and they either have no idea how to fix it or just don't care.

Either way it is the last purchase I will make from this junk company

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
 ](*,)

Same here with the Atlas direct to wifi display wifi feature failing. I also connected my Atlas back to the Access with no issues. I gave up on the wifi feature of the display and this is the replacement display still failing in the same way. Not a stable wifi connection at all from these new displays. You can't even buy the original touchscreen version from them anymore.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2021, 01:11:56 PM »
Just as an update with my display woes, Acurite agreed to send me an Access, free of charge.

So far so good, and the wifi display is now serving as a standalone.

Offline Samgrif

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2021, 12:04:01 PM »
I had this Atlas display for almost a year and except for times when my XFINITY modem goes down, it has worked perfectly.