Author Topic: Weather Station (Android) App - Inside Temperature  (Read 2409 times)

Offline bmccarl

Weather Station (Android) App - Inside Temperature
« on: January 12, 2021, 01:24:45 PM »
I have been using the app and enjoying it (paid version), using Wunderground as the observation provider. I recently subscribed to Davis WeatherLink Pro so changed my Weather Station app observation provider in "settings" to Davis.  I entered my Davis user name, password and my Davis API Token.  I then tried to get the app to display my inside temperature but cannot change the default station for either Default Inside or Outside Temperature.  Only one choice is given for both and it is my Wunderground station ID.  The Wunderground API does not support the inside reading according to the app developer but I'm sure the Davis API must(?).  Has anyone who uses the Weather Station app and has a weatlerlink pro or ultra subscription been able to get it to show the inside temperature?  It shows the outside temperature in both temperature fields for me.

BTW, I have tried both the Davis v1 token and the v2 key in the Weather Station API field.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Station (Android) App - Inside Temperature
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 05:36:51 PM »
I have a love hate relationship with that app. When it works it's great, but when it doesn't, GRRRR! It has gotten better but it has a lot of bugs.
I thought I remember adding my inside temp to the main screen, but it's been a while.
I'll fiddle around with it and see what happens.
Since you have a sub email Mark, the developer. He could probably answer your question.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:09:26 PM »
I just heard back from Mark and he informs me that the Davis API also (!) does not support the inside temperature reading and he suggests that I take up the problem with Davis.  I'm beginning to wonder about Davis....   I guess the bottom line is your love hate relationship (and mine also) will continue and don't waste any time on this quest.

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:10:35 AM »
Mark told me last year that the Wunderground API does not support Inside Temperature data and yesterday that the Davis API does not either.  The app My WeatherLink by Darkhan Dogalakov does display Inside Temperature!  And it doesn't require an API but instead uses my Davis device ID and password.  It is available on the PlayStore and displays a wealth of data but I wish it would allow dark mode or at least different themes. 

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 12:26:43 PM »
Both V1 and V2 of the WeatherLink API do, in fact, provide INDOOR information: temperature, humidity, dew point, and heat index.

Online mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »
Both V1 and V2 of the WeatherLink API do, in fact, provide INDOOR information: temperature, humidity, dew point, and heat index.
+1 :thumbsup:
Mark

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 07:05:53 AM »
Mark told me last year that the Wunderground API does not support Inside Temperature data and yesterday that the Davis API does not either.  The app My WeatherLink by Darkhan Dogalakov does display Inside Temperature!  And it doesn't require an API but instead uses my Davis device ID and password.  It is available on the PlayStore and displays a wealth of data but I wish it would allow dark mode or at least different themes. 

My WeatherLink app doesn't work..
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 08:36:51 AM »

Davis Android WeatherLink app version 2.1.110 works perfectly on my Pixel 3XL.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »

Davis Android WeatherLink app version 2.1.110 works perfectly on my Pixel 3XL.

2 different apps ;)
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 09:23:47 AM »
Dredging my ageing memory a bit, I've got a vague recollection that Davis were asked to remove Inside Temp from publicly viewable Bulletins if you're not the account owner. The argument was IIRC that potential ne'er-do-wells might be able detect whether a property owner was away on vacation or not. TBH I can't recall exactly how this finally ended up but there was definitely a debate about it.

This obviously wouldn't apply to the API or any 3rd-party apps that might use the API, but then you'd need the API key to access that (or been granted a share)..
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything